Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help to download a Xperia only app from Play store

Tip us?

Lalami1990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Need help to download a Xperia only app from Play store

Hello everyone,

I'm really hoping if someone could help me here as I've been working on this all night since 7pm and its now almost 7am

I need access to a "Sony Only" app from the Google Play store which I believe is only for Sony tablets. I no longer own a Android device and so I went down the route of installing Bluestacks (Virtual Android) on my Mac and I tried rooting it to change the build.prop file and things started to fall apart. All I need is the APK, if someone could help me I'd be forever grateful.

The app is called "Sony 4K Ultra HD Remote". For some reason it doesn't appear in the Play store for me but a Google search brings it up instantly. I would post the link to the Google Play store for the app but I haven't had more than 10 posts on my profile in order to post links.

If someone could perhaps get the APK for me then I'd go out this afternoon and purchase a basic Android tablet to use it on. I just don't want to fork out money on something that might not work. Thank you

Off to catch some ZzzZzz

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2657
Hi
It's not Play store, but you can find your apk here => AppBrain - 4K Ultra HD Remote

Lalami1990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
Hi
It's not Play store, but you can find your apk here [/URL][/B][/COLOR]
I've used that link before but when you press download, it redirects you to the Google Play store.

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 677
I can't find the apk but there's no chance it would work with anything other than a Sony device anyway. If you still want to try, here's a way to get the all safely:

Install this chrome extension on a chrome on your desktop (i.e. not phone/tablet): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1809458 and set it up

Go to the app page on the Play store site and follow the required steps to use the extension to download the apk and if all goes well you should be able to put it on your device SD card and side load it.

Once again, even if you do get the apk it probably won't work. Good luck anyway

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2657
Even if you use the AppBrain apk for download ?
Try to Sony Website
Or search via Google.

Nothing more about your apk in xda.

Good luck
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe