Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GEAR 2 Neo anyone?

Tip us?

w4rmk
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have the Neo for about a week and so far it's pretty good. This is my first Samsung gear watch and it's a little disappointing to see that Samsung hasn't come very far in their 2nd iteration. I had an Amazon gift card to pay for it but I wouldn't buy it for $199. My biggest issue has been the annoyance of having to push the button to see the time. I am spoiled by my Pebble which has an always on display and twice the battery life. Overall I think the Pebble is a better implementation of a smart connected watch.

parusia
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rmk View Post
I have the Neo for about a week and so far it's pretty good. This is my first Samsung gear watch and it's a little disappointing to see that Samsung hasn't come very far in their 2nd iteration. I had an Amazon gift card to pay for it but I wouldn't buy it for $199. My biggest issue has been the annoyance of having to push the button to see the time. I am spoiled by my Pebble which has an always on display and twice the battery life. Overall I think the Pebble is a better implementation of a smart connected watch.
You don't have to push the button to see the time, you can go to settings, display, wake up gesture and set it up to on, and your watch will turn on every time you move your arm closest to your face or towards you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

w4rmk
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by parusia View Post
You don't have to push the button to see the time, you can go to settings, display, wake up gesture and set it up to on, and your watch will turn on every time you move your arm closest to your face or towards you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I had that feature turned on for a few days and it bugged me because it would light up the display at times when I wasn't wanting to see it. Many times during normal movement it interprets the wrist motion as wanting to see the watch when that is not the case. It really went nuts when I was playing golf! Not a great implementation.

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rmk View Post
I had that feature turned on for a few days and it bugged me because it would light up the display at times when I wasn't wanting to see it. Many times during normal movement it interprets the wrist motion as wanting to see the watch when that is not the case. It really went nuts when I was playing golf! Not a great implementation.
Yeah it does go a little crazy when I'm at work. But I decided to keep it on because I found pressing the home button every time I wanted to see the time more annoying than the screen turning on at random times. Still get a good 3 days with it on.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk