Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 Screen problem

Tip us?

janine13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default S5 Screen problem

Hi everyone, been using my S5 for about 2 months ago and have been having a swell time with it. Last night i was surfing the net and suddenly the screen went blank! phone didn't go off or anything like that. I have restarted it a million times and still having the blank screen. Everything works, i still recieve calls but can't use it for anything else. Anyone experienced this or any suggestions as to what to do will be appreciated. Also just to note i bought it in Australia and currently not there so cannot return it.

zulrock
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by janine13 View Post
Hi everyone, been using my S5 for about 2 months ago and have been having a swell time with it. Last night i was surfing the net and suddenly the screen went blank! phone didn't go off or anything like that. I have restarted it a million times and still having the blank screen. Everything works, i still recieve calls but can't use it for anything else. Anyone experienced this or any suggestions as to what to do will be appreciated. Also just to note i bought it in Australia and currently not there so cannot return it.
look like amoled screen problem to me... ehen restart, did GALAXY S5 appear?

janine13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulrock View Post
look like amoled screen problem to me... ehen restart, did GALAXY S5 appear?
No, it only makes the samsung start up sound but nothing shows on the screen except the led indicator light and the navigation buttons

zulrock
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by janine13 View Post
No, it only makes the samsung start up sound but nothing shows on the screen except the led indicator light and the navigation buttons
yup, 199% lcd problem... nothing u can do... time to visit ur nearest SAMSUNG for free warranty repair

janine13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulrock View Post
yup, 199% lcd problem... nothing u can do... time to visit ur nearest SAMSUNG for free warranty repair
Was hoping that wasn't going to be the answer Thanks a lot all the same.