FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Z Ultra "GPe" resolution issue

9th June 2014, 08:43 AM |#1  
vivalamoza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
I own a Z Ultra GPe stock unrooted 4.4.3 Android and I'm having some issues with apps/games not working due to compatibility for example:

1. Candy Crush won't install off the play store "says not compatible with your device" , I had to use Aptoide to install it
2. Themer application will install but when I browse themes, it says that my screen resolution is not supported
3. And so on and so forth ...

Question here is:
Is this specific to the GPe model or is the regular Xperia Z Ultra also facing these problems? Any way I can fix this?
 
 
9th June 2014, 08:52 AM |#2  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,632
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

I own a Z Ultra GPe stock unrooted 4.4.3 Android and I'm having some issues with apps/games not working due to compatibility for example:

1. Candy Crush won't install off the play store "says not compatible with your device" , I had to use Aptoide to install it
2. Themer application will install but when I browse themes, it says that my screen resolution is not supported
3. And so on and so forth ...

Question here is:
Is this specific to the GPe model or is the regular Xperia Z Ultra also facing these problems? Any way I can fix this?

Probably just GPe as it uses dpi of 400, where the Sony ZU uses a dpi of 320.

You could unlock and root and then change the dpi in /system/build.prop to 320
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 09:23 AM |#3  
vivalamoza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Probably just GPe as it uses dpi of 400, where the Sony ZU uses a dpi of 320.

You could unlock and root and then change the dpi in /system/build.prop to 320

Thanks for the reply

So you are able to use themer normally and browse through themes ?
9th June 2014, 10:01 AM |#4  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,632
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

Thanks for the reply

So you are able to use themer normally and browse through themes ?

Don't know, don't have a GPe
9th June 2014, 01:10 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,677
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza

Thanks for the reply

So you are able to use themer normally and browse through themes ?

The Ultra (and 99.9% of other devices) are not supported by Themer.

The GPe runs at 400 DPI while the Xperia Ultra runs at 320. Just edit your build.prop in /system if you're rooted.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 11:09 AM |#6  
madphone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,165
 
More
Xperia ultra has the same problem. For example with San Andreas, nba jam...

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to madphone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes