Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a Way to Disable Pie and the Navigation Bar? [BeanStalk;Slimkat]

Tip us?

Jonschke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is there a Way to Disable Pie and the Navigation Bar? [BeanStalk;Slimkat]

Is there any way that i can disable the navigation bar without beeing forced to activate the Pie Controls? I used Slimkat, Beanstalk and LiquidSMooth. None of this Roms allowed me to do that. I already tried Apps like "Auto hide soft keys". Although editing the build.prop doesnt disable the softkeys. Any one can help?

chnzshyguy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have the same question, but for my Note 2. The phone has hardware keys, so it's annoying that the ROM disallows disabling both nav options.

cyberdude020
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonschke View Post
Is there any way that i can disable the navigation bar without beeing forced to activate the Pie Controls? I used Slimkat, Beanstalk and LiquidSMooth. None of this Roms allowed me to do that. I already tried Apps like "Auto hide soft keys". Although editing the build.prop doesnt disable the softkeys. Any one can help?
You can install xposed and gravity box to resize the nav bar to zero, also in liquid smooth there is an option in the setting to do this without gravitybox. Settings/navigation/dimensions/navigation bar height set to zero dpi. This however is no good to me as i want a toggle for nav bar to be on or off and this solution will not work for that only to hide it and then to go back into settings to enable it again.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnzshyguy View Post
I have the same question, but for my Note 2. The phone has hardware keys, so it's annoying that the ROM disallows disabling both nav options.
check my post if you're still looking for solution