Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Preparing Network ongoing

Tip us?

Brian D
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan23247 View Post
Go to settings and then to activate this device and as soon as it starts to try and activate its self press the volume down 4 times and then you will see a screen that says IQTHiddenMenu....Scroll down to LTE mode and select it you will see a screen thatb has four boxes on it...select the one that says "enable LTE Mode" after you selct that then just hit back button a few times and let it try and activate again and this should fix your issues. You may have to do this twice. For the last 2 weeks this has been the only way we can activate anyones tablet is using this method, it has somehting to do with our Network not communicating properly with the Tablet.

Hope this helps.
Hidden screens. One has to love technology. So then one also has to ask, what else is the tablet doing that we do not know about? Reporting back to the mother ship?

lumin8
Old
(Last edited by lumin8; 5th May 2014 at 09:55 PM.) Reason: corrections
Thanks Meter 1
Default Solution

So I had this same problem and I called sprint today and they were able to help me. THIS WILL RESET YOUR TAB AND YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON IT. Make sure to back up if you have anything important.
You have to open the calculator and type (+30012012732+ when the next screen pops up, type ##786#, the RTN menu will open, press Reset, it will ask you for your MSL, type it in and that will do it. Hope it helps.
BTW you will have to find a way to find your MSL as I never had to. I'm sure if you call your carrier they will give it to you once you tell them why you need it.

mbarthicus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan23247 View Post
Go to settings and then to activate this device and as soon as it starts to try and activate its self press the volume down 4 times and then you will see a screen that says IQTHiddenMenu....Scroll down to LTE mode and select it you will see a screen thatb has four boxes on it...select the one that says "enable LTE Mode" after you selct that then just hit back button a few times and let it try and activate again and this should fix your issues. You may have to do this twice. For the last 2 weeks this has been the only way we can activate anyones tablet is using this method, it has somehting to do with our Network not communicating properly with the Tablet.

Hope this helps.
Looks like they are still having this issue. Mine was stuck on Preparing network. 3G and wifi worked, but no LTE or GPS. I did the hidden menu trick and now that all works, but I still have the "preparing network" notification. Is there any way to remove this? Could I do a ##RTN to clear network configs, then enable LTE through hidden menu, then activate?

rastassjr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation Something to try that worked for me for the time being

I just thought I would share with anyone else having issues with the persistent Preparing Network message.

If you go to Settings>Activate Device and launch the Self Service application, there is a hidden menu accessible via the Menu Key, And you can then choose Reset Cellular Data.

Your device will then reboot, and it will go through Self Provisioning when it reboots.

I Had to do this twice, and 2nd time seems to have been the charm this time as the Preparing Network Message is gone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rastassjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradjgarner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Finally got rid of "Preparing Network"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastassjr View Post
I just thought I would share with anyone else having issues with the persistent Preparing Network message.

If you go to Settings>Activate Device and launch the Self Service application, there is a hidden menu accessible via the Menu Key, And you can then choose Reset Cellular Data.

Your device will then reboot, and it will go through Self Provisioning when it reboots.

I Had to do this twice, and 2nd time seems to have been the charm this time as the Preparing Network Message is gone!
I spent 2 hours on with Sprint live chat, did a Kies reset, software hard reset, and everything else I could find...yet this solution was the simplest and the only one that actually worked!

Someone let Sprint support know how to fix their own device, please!

Thank you rastassjr, you saved me a trip to the Sprint store.

mrquique
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is a common problem with an easy fix.* Long press the notification on the task manager.* A button will appear saying APP INFO.* Press that and you will see the app info page.* Clear the cache and data and more inportantly, deselect the notification checkmark.* Thats it!...*

sanchezrd13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA 4.4.2

Just got it on a new SG Tab3 7" and it cleared the "Preparing Network" icon. I had done a MSL reset yesterday and it had cleared it before I bricked it. I returned it, got a new one and it cleared it on its own after the 4.4.2 update.

mrquique
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solved!

I solved mine after several weeks. First, oddly enough this error was preventing me from getting the 4.4.2 android update and the system said the operating system was up to date on 4.2. You need to download the samsung Kies program into your computer and perform a manual firmware update. The system will tell you that indeed you have the latest update but you'll do it any way. Once the OS is reinstalled, you will see that the PRL will be updated properly, which is the reazon for this problem. Then the system will allows you to receive the 4.4.2 upgrade which does not suffer from this problem. The key is to upgrade to android 4.4.2.