Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Caution!!! 4.4.3 Bugs Spoted...

Tip us?
 
hrazib
Old
#1  
hrazib's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default Caution!!! 4.4.3 Bugs Spoted...

We are very excited about 4.4.3 update in the air rolling, but i found in Motorola forum, after updating in 4.4.3 user experiencing a major problem of dropping signal in WiFi rapidly. GPS satellite tracking is very slow around 10 min. of spotting satellite & sometimes battery draining quickly than before. So anyone knows any known bugs about 4.4.3, please share....
 
diecast
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 184
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrazib View Post
We are very excited about 4.4.3 update in the air rolling, but i found in Motorola forum, after updating in 4.4.3 user experiencing a major problem of dropping signal in WiFi rapidly. GPS satellite tracking is very slow around 10 min. of spotting satellite & sometimes battery draining quickly than before. So anyone knows any known bugs about 4.4.3, please share....
Omg are you kidding me???i dont know what to say i will w8 till i get mine(europe) and then report

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
 
hrazib
Old
#3  
hrazib's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Omg are you kidding me???i dont know what to say i will w8 till i get mine(europe) and then report

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
yes this is true, you can find it posted by several users in Motorola forum...
https://forums.motorola.com/hives/3ba9b2429c/summary
The Following User Says Thank You to hrazib For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knizmi
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liberec
Those issues apparently only affect only a minority of users. For me the battery is better than on 4.4.2, I donīt have any wifi drops and GPS is as fast and accurate as ever.
 
vkk178
Old
#5  
vkk178's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 568
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
People are so crazy to get the update . I hope Motorola is looking into this and even though it affects few devices , rolls out another patch or patch further updates .
Brain waved using the brain
The Following User Says Thank You to vkk178 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bozzykid
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 607
Posts: 1,981
Join Date: May 2011
Also, if you previously disabled the messaging app and use hangouts, hangouts will be unusable after the update (constant crashes). This happens on the Moto G and Moto X 4.4.3 updates. The only fix is reset all your app preferences and keep the messaging app enabled.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bozzykid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hrazib
Old
#7  
hrazib's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid View Post
Also, if you previously disabled the messaging app and use hangouts, hangouts will be unusable after the update (constant crashes). This happens on the Moto G and Moto X 4.4.3 updates. The only fix is reset all your app preferences and keep the messaging app enabled.
Thanks buddy, this info will help us.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
 
hrazib
Old
#8  
hrazib's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
I found this should be the proper way of upgrading os probably it will help escaping bugs also.

perform a factory data reset before and after an OS upgrade. And wipe the cache a few times, too.

This advice have been taken from Motorola forum.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/7c4f0aa2c4

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
 
hrazib
Old
#9  
hrazib's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by knizmi View Post
Those issues apparently only affect only a minority of users. For me the battery is better than on 4.4.2, I donīt have any wifi drops and GPS is as fast and accurate as ever.
It is true, but we should aware of this for taking update decision, isn't it?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
 
hrazib
Old
#10  
hrazib's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkk178 View Post
People are so crazy to get the update . I hope Motorola is looking into this and even though it affects few devices , rolls out another patch or patch further updates .
I think those updates not for moto g it best fit & originally build for nexus, they bluffing us with it.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes