Post Reply

root on locked bootloader KITKAT in DROID RAZR MAXX HD? ?

OP SPYWARE_Holdings_Janath

10th June 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #1  
SPYWARE_Holdings_Janath's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag colombo
Thanks Meter: 52
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
have any one with root on latest kitkat with locked bootloader in MOTO DROID RAZR MAXX HD?
10th June 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachi9121

have any one with root on latest kitkat with locked bootloader in MOTO DROID RAZR MAXX HD?

No, Its currently not possible, and it isn't very likely that a way will be found.
11th June 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXKSSnapper

No, Its currently not possible, and it isn't very likely that a way will be found.

Why is EVERYONE so quick to shoot down the fact this cannot be rooted. Is anyone trying?
11th June 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #4  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 656
 
1,539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Kira

Why is EVERYONE so quick to shoot down the fact this cannot be rooted. Is anyone trying?

if you were as fast at reading a few post in the General forum on this exact topic, as you are at posting about it here. you would already know, this has been gone over extensively, by people who know what they are doing. you would also know, that every option suggested has been thoroughly explored and tested. you would also know, that as far as anyone is aware, no one is publicly working on a solution, as this phone is past its prime and most if not all of the people capable of finding an exploit are not willing to spend time finding one.

had you read for 5 minutes before posting, you would already know this, #Just-Sayin
11th June 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXKSSnapper

No, Its currently not possible, and it isn't very likely that a way will be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

if you were as fast at reading a few post in the General forum on this exact topic, as you are at posting about it here. you would already know, this has been gone over extensively, by people who know what they are doing. you would also know, that every option suggested has been thoroughly explored and tested. you would also know, that as far as anyone is aware, no one is publicly working on a solution, as this phone is past its prime and most if not all of the people capable of finding an exploit are not willing to spend time finding one.

had you read for 5 minutes before posting, you would already know this, #Just-Sayin

There's phones well over a year and a half old still being played with. I'm simply shocked this isn't.
11th June 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #6  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 656
 
1,539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Kira

There's phones well over a year and a half old still being played with. I'm simply shocked this isn't.

last i checked the s5 kitkat root bounty was over $17,000, and thats a new phone.
that should tell you something about how hard it is on kk.
11th June 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

last i checked the s5 kitkat root bounty was over $17,000, and thats a new phone.
that should tell you something about how hard it is on kk.

Oh damn. It's KitKat that's the issue than? I'm out of the loop it seems. I was under the assumption it was the phone itself people couldn't root. It's KitKat that's causing the issue. Okay. Hmm, I wonder if there's any root methods for 4.4.2 yet....
11th June 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Kira

Why is EVERYONE so quick to shoot down the fact this cannot be rooted. Is anyone trying?

Yes, attempts have been made. Alas, without any success. See here. And this is the thread for it.
11th June 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #9  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Kira

Oh damn. It's KitKat that's the issue than? I'm out of the loop it seems. I was under the assumption it was the phone itself people couldn't root. It's KitKat that's causing the issue. Okay. Hmm, I wonder if there's any root methods for 4.4.2 yet....

Uh, that's what we've been saying. No, there's not except possibly for a few phones and all those methods have been tried with this and they didn't work as Motorola had already fixed those exploits.

The only way to root this phone under KitKat is to have an unlocked bootloader, and there is NO way to do that anymore, period.

The original unlocking exploit took the Dan a long time to find it and a lot of testing. That exploit is long gone and cannot be put back onto the phone as it was patched into a protected zone of the phone that even unlocked bootloaders do not have access to write to. So, there is NO way to flash back to a previous version of JB that had the exploit and have it "patch" the exploit back in. Yes, you'll go back to JB, but not exploit will be there.

And please understand the frustration from some of us - you're is possibly the 200th time this was asked. If you actually searched the forums and read the postings, you would see there are huge threads about this issue. That's the main reason why so many of us are frustrated with this question because it keeps getting asked and it's sitting right here in other threads and so, the forum is getting polluted with the same question being asked, over and over again. If people would just take the time to research for themselves rather than just jumping in and asking the question, it would make this forum lest polluted. What's funny is, the questions all come from people who have just registered on this forum (they all had posts < 10). It's very frustrating.
Last edited by iBolski; 11th June 2014 at 01:11 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank