[Q]Charging very slow after replacing micro-usb port/jack

OP Crap55

10th June 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
More
Hi there. I own a samsung galaxy note 8.0 (N5100). Recently its micro-usb port stopped working, I couldn't find its recommended/original port anywhere, so I got it replaced with Galaxy S3's port. Now after replacing it, it is charging very slowly. I don't know the reason.
Also I didn't send it for repair to samsung, because I got it from my bro who is living abroad and this model isn't released in my country. Any help would be appreciable. Thanks in advance.
11th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 69

349 posts
It sounds like you did not solder some pins completely, or damaged the trace or a near by component when removing the old connector.

You can try another data cable. I switched over to Sony/Ericson or Blackberry data cables. They are the best you can get, as the OEM cable do not last long. I have gone through 2 of them, one failed to connect USB to computer the other did a melt down at the tablet connection. Almost damaged my tablet before noticing. Depending on the damage to a USB data cable, the two pins that control Data and Fast charge will only connect one way but not both... Data is considered slow charge, Fast charge will not allow data connection.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread