Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 52,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Charging very slow after replacing micro-usb port/jack

Tip us?

Crap55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q]Charging very slow after replacing micro-usb port/jack

Hi there. I own a samsung galaxy note 8.0 (N5100). Recently its micro-usb port stopped working, I couldn't find its recommended/original port anywhere, so I got it replaced with Galaxy S3's port. Now after replacing it, it is charging very slowly. I don't know the reason.
Also I didn't send it for repair to samsung, because I got it from my bro who is living abroad and this model isn't released in my country. Any help would be appreciable. Thanks in advance.

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 51
It sounds like you did not solder some pins completely, or damaged the trace or a near by component when removing the old connector.

You can try another data cable. I switched over to Sony/Ericson or Blackberry data cables. They are the best you can get, as the OEM cable do not last long. I have gone through 2 of them, one failed to connect USB to computer the other did a melt down at the tablet connection. Almost damaged my tablet before noticing. Depending on the damage to a USB data cable, the two pins that control Data and Fast charge will only connect one way but not both... Data is considered slow charge, Fast charge will not allow data connection.
GT-N5110 - Saferooted Stock 4.2.2
OTA - Kies Ready
Xposed Framework
Wanam Xposed
Download to SD Xposed
633x 64GB SD
Multi User @ 4 / WIFI JP 14 / DPI @ 213 in build.prop
360 Security
Greenify & Experimental Features
Play Music frozen & Gallery thumbnail caching disabled
8+ hrs run time
12% per hr Netflix streaming with Miracast