Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So is there a way out there to fix a real live brick

Tip us?
 
blazinandroid1
Old
#31  
blazinandroid1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 145
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
Well, I just got notified that they fixed my phone under warranty free of charge. That's pretty awesome, I should have it back Thursday

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's outstanding. Now if that was Samsung. They would have charged you.

Blazin on ScottsROMS 1.1
 
aer0zer0
Old
#32  
aer0zer0's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 316
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cortland NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinandroid1 View Post
That's outstanding. Now if that was Samsung. They would have charged you.

Blazin on ScottsROMS 1.1
So i got a refurb, seems to work... However, the bootscreen has changed, it now says "Powered by Android" on the bottom
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
 
aer0zer0
Old
#33  
aer0zer0's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 316
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cortland NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
So i got a refurb, seems to work... However, the bootscreen has changed, it now says "Powered by Android" on the bottom
hmmmmm, has anybody else compared a couple phones side by side??? my refurb is weird
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
 
dottat
Old
#34  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 990
Posts: 2,254
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: york, pa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
hmmmmm, has anybody else compared a couple phones side by side??? my refurb is weird
What's weird ? The powered by Android is showing up on the newer bootloaders thanks to Google.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
 
aer0zer0
Old
#35  
aer0zer0's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 316
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cortland NY
I hadn't seen that before....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
 
Roefastford
Old
#36  
Roefastford's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 410
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
Well, I just got notified that they fixed my phone under warranty free of charge. That's pretty awesome, I should have it back Thursday

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Wow and some people have the gall to put down htc. Now you wouldnt see samsung doing that for free !!!!
 
aer0zer0
Old
#37  
aer0zer0's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 316
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cortland NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
Wow and some people have the gall to put down htc. Now you wouldnt see samsung doing that for free !!!!
so they say they sent "my phone" back. but they didnt, i got a refurb. But it had the most scratched up lense ive ever seen, couldnt take a picture worth a ****. So i sent it back demandung they send me my phone, or fix the lense.....we shall see
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
 
blazinandroid1
Old
#38  
blazinandroid1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 145
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
so they say they sent "my phone" back. but they didnt, i got a refurb. But it had the most scratched up lense ive ever seen, couldnt take a picture worth a ****. So i sent it back demandung they send me my phone, or fix the lense.....we shall see
That's crazy.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more