CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more

Customized Ultra Stamina for Xperia

XDA Senior Member androidexpert35 has provided us a customized Ultra Stamine Mode from the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] D605 stock KK (not rooted) apps crashing

11th June 2014, 01:46 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Ever since the KK update, the apps on my D605 have been constantly crashing. Is that a known issue? If so, any known remedies short of rooting the thing and going for CM 11?

Thanks
14th December 2014, 08:35 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisk

Ever since the KK update, the apps on my D605 have been constantly crashing. Is that a known issue? If so, any known remedies short of rooting the thing and going for CM 11?

Thanks

I have the same problem!
Did you fixed it?
If so, how?
15th December 2014, 05:01 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
try to reset the phone (from the phone menus, or better by hard resetting the device). Note, u will lose all the data and settings !!!

though most probably u have too many apps running simultaneously in the background and u run out of memmory.
15th December 2014, 07:49 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisf

try to reset the phone (from the phone menus, or better by hard resetting the device). Note, u will lose all the data and settings !!!

I already did it right after the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisf

though most probably u have too many apps running simultaneously in the background and u run out of memmory.

Maybe. Do you know how can I check it?
15th December 2014, 08:40 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkey.loman

Maybe. Do you know how can I check it?

try to use a taskmanager app, to see what is running and how much memory it uses.
Also install greenify, even if u dont have root, and set it to kill the apps that are not necessary to you.
16th December 2014, 12:35 PM |#6  
christi9503's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 770
 
590 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Things like this happen on all phones when there is no ram, bad optimization of the ROM or bad ram management (phone tried to kill the apps to keep core procceses up).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes