Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to Stock

Tip us?

jake000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by null0seven View Post
I just installed the one from the link and it asked about updating an OTA update. I said yes, it downloaded but wouldn't install. For now, i've gone back to CM11. If I can get better battery life, I will keep CM11. I understand I need a different kernel to help with that. Not sure which one and that's the boot.img file I think?

Thank you

null0seven
Old
Thanks Meter 10
The OTA update (401.9) i could not install it.
Android 4.4.2 eat fewer resources. I like: TwistedKat, EOS, Resurrection Remix, CandyKat, Carbon, Slim, Codename Lungo.
For battery life, disable everything you don't use (in particular bluetooth, wifi, GPS, data, location). Uninstall apps. you dont use.

jake000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by null0seven View Post
The OTA update (401.9) i could not install it.
Android 4.4.2 eat fewer resources. I like: TwistedKat, EOS, Resurrection Remix, CandyKat, Carbon, Slim, Codename Lungo.
For battery life, disable everything you don't use (in particular bluetooth, wifi, GPS, data, location). Uninstall apps. you dont use.
This is the OTA file: OTA_Ville_U_JB_45_S_Vodafone_UK_3.16.161.9_1.11.50 .05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_3022141tqgb65s4u2oovvj .zip

I have disabled stuff like you mentioned and have CM11 running the same as I had my stock ROM running and I used to get 2 or 3 times better battery life.

I will look into the other ROMs you suggested. Thank you for the help

jake000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I updated TWRP to 2.7.0.8 and installed Codename Lungo. It seems better so far and the battery is lasting longer as well. I will post tomorrow again after seeing how well my battery lasts on a full charge. Thanks again for the help

jake000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After 5 days with lungo, the battery life is a lot better than cm11 but still bad compared to my stock ROM. I was originally on ICS. Does that require less battery or are there new features in kitkat that drain the battery? Thank you

null0seven
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Lungo is very slim. Almost "nude".
4.4 rom are much smaler than stock rom. Some 4.4 have 120-130mb.
Some stock rom have 1 - 1,2Gb. Because "sense" and applications, languages included.
Applications on you're phone ar working in background. So, eat resources.

jake000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I understand what you're saying about applications running in the background but I have my apps set up exactly the same as I did on my stock ROM and the battery life and heat problems are really bad. I really like not having the bloatware on here but I'd prefer my battery to last longer. Thank you again for your help

null0seven
Old
Thanks Meter 10
As you can see most of the custom ROMs are made after CM11.
Depends on what the creator likes and put into rom.