Are aftermarket cases still waterproof

Search This thread

nuclear

Nov 28, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I want to buy a case that has a flip mirror cover. Something like the Arium or Anymode. But my question is, are these cases still waterproof? The rear cover of the S5 is probably made specifically to withstand water. I would like to take my phone into the pool or shower for up to 20min and I don't want any water damage. Any suggestions? I like this one especially by XNR www.ebay.com/itm/321415545762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Zylograth

Oct 31, 2005
Clearwater, Fl.
The only way to know would be if it has that rubber gasket on it like the OEM back cover does. No where in that listing does it state that it maintains the IP67 rating, so I would be suspicious of that if you are interested in keeping the "waterproof"

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I want to buy a case that has a flip mirror cover. Something like the Arium or Anymode. But my question is, are these cases still waterproof? The rear cover of the S5 is probably made specifically to withstand water. I would like to take my phone into the pool or shower for up to 20min and I don't want any water damage. Any suggestions? I like this one especially by XNR www.ebay.com/itm/321415545762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

if you are after the brand anymode, and if they do have a rubber seal, it's more likely supports the IP67, anymode is the only company to have their product certified by samsung, anymode is more like a sister company to samsung.

nuclear

Nov 28, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
No. All these cases do not support the IP67
$_57.JPG

There is no rubber seal in the anymode case and I believe there isn't one in the XNR either.

The Arium cases are by far the best because they don't replace the OEM rear cover provided by samsung. The Arium case is a complete separate housing and won't interfere with the IP67 certification.