Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

[Q] CM 11 & Juice Defender

OP flying_dutchman

11th June 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Villeurbanne
Thanks Meter: 7

146 posts
More
Hi, new to CM11, since yesterday (M7), I have a question regarding the utility or non-utility of installing Juice Defender on it.

In the past I mainly used it for the programming (night/weekend) and it's abaility to easily put it on silence, airplane mode as well as the "sur-dimming" for looking at the mobile when it's dark.

Ly question now is, does JD still work on CM11, meaning reducing battery usage as well as the mentioned schedule/programming options or can CM11 do both better/easier (or are better apks around)?

thanks for the feedback,
cheers
11th June 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 390

819 posts
More
For managing scheduled tasks, I'm using Tasker, I think it is the best app ever for automations.
11th June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Jd doesn't work properly. Not reconnecting data connection.

Sent from my A116 using xda premium
11th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,367 posts
More
I used to have JD Ultimate, but it hasn't been update in over a year now and I found that in actuality, performance of my phone got worse with it. As far as battery saving, once I was off of it and used Smart Actions, I found that my battery life was just about the same, if not better at times. Plus, performance of the phone improved.

Now, I use Greenify to hibernate apps as well as SmartActions to turn on/off WiFi when I'm at specific locations as well as handle screen brightness based on whether I'm hooked up to a charger or not.

With all of this, I can get over 36 hours before having to charge. I know some are getting days, but I think that's with a MAXX. Mine is just a plain, sorry old RAZR HD, but hey, the battery life gets me through a day without having to worry about it running out. Even my OG RAZR MAXX had issues making it through a day without charging sometimes.

Since you are on CM11, then what other's have stated is to possibly use Tasker to handle doing certain things. It's like SmartActions but it can be daunting if you don't know what you're doing.
11th June 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Villeurbanne

146 posts
More
txs already so far!

I've been using JD Ultimate so far and think it rather helped, as written basically through cutting the connections during the night, lower light etc.
THe missing updates indeed I agree, a pity, but might as well mean that it's become superfluent...

Now if indeed JD doesn't work properly with CM11 (the data reconnection), I'll be looking for something else, although Tasker if I recall wll was not that easy to use, for me that is.

Any equivalence to SmartActions and is easy and "error proof"? I'll check out the market as well, but hope tt you might have a better insight

cheers,
Last edited by flying_dutchman; 11th June 2014 at 02:04 PM.
11th June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Villeurbanne

146 posts
More
Hi, found "automatelt" and seems easier/more user friendly than tasker, will try it out
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, juice defender
Previous Thread Next Thread