Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microphone issues?

Tip us?

caffeineighted
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Same issue here and I'm not using a case.

On speakerphone only, I get complaints every single time that people can't hear me to the point where I have to switch back to handheld.

Noise reduction currently off but it's the same either way. Gonna pop into Tmobile on the way home and see what they say.
Current:

Retirees:
Blackberry Curve < iPhone, 3G, 3GS & 4 < Samsung Vibrant < Droid X < Droid Incredible < iPhone 4 (again?) < HTC Inspire FauxG < Moto Atrix FauxG < iPhone 4 (again!?!) < iPhone 4S No, I resisted the urge! < Droid Bionic < iPhone 4S (shut up...) < iPhone 5 < iPhone 5S

km8j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone else get a warranty replacement?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

km8j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Bump

km8j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by km8j View Post
Bump

anyone?

jjlean
Old
Thanks Meter 106
I would like to know also

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

helius@comcast.net
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Go into voice recorder and be sure the microphone setting is set to 'normal'.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

digitalfreaknyc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
For those who have a problem with this, I've been dealing with this issue since day 1. It seems to be a T-mobile problem and NOT a problem with the phone itself.

The software is set up as half-duplex and not full-duplex as it should.

That means that if the person on the other end of the line is talking or making noise and you start talking, they're not going to be able to hear you. I've tried this with my phone and a replacement phone. Same thing happened. That means that you will continuously cut in and out.

I'm currently talking to T-mobile and they have a ticket open with me to work with developers on the issue. I have no idea what happened but, as someone who uses speakerphone all the time, it's a MAJOR pain.

If anyone has more experience with this sort of issue, I'd love to hear it.

sindawe
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hi Guys,
I'm having a problem along the same lines. I moved to Tmo a month or so ago when the S5 came out (ported from Sprint). The first couple of days I had great coverage but intermittently when I talked to someone, they'd tell me it sounded like I was in a tin can. At times it was hollow or echo-y. It kind of stopped, but then started up again. To me, everything sounds perfect. Now, randomly when I talk to someone, sometimes they can hear me without any problem, and sometimes they can barely understand me because of so much feedback coming through (even though I can hear them perfectly).

Tmo gave me a new sim card to use and said to wipe my cache to make sure everything was good. I did that and it worked great for about a day. Now, it's random again. I call land line and it sounds like I'm in a tin can and when they talk it's lots of feedback. I call friend on att and they have loads of feedback when they talk but perfectly fine on my end. I called someone on Tmo and had the HD appear on the call and it sounded like he was talking through a pillow.

It's so weird I can't figure out what's going on, but it's getting really annoying trying to talk to someone and end up calling them multiple times just to see if I can get a clear connection.

Bluetooth in my car seems to work perfectly for each end, though.

I'm on stock rom, rooted w/ philz recovery, and have not updated to the new ANES.
I don't use a case.
Wondering if that would help out.
Sprint | HTC Touch > Hero > EVO 4g LTE
T-Mobile USA | Samsung Galaxy S5
Model: SM-G900T
Recovery: Phil'z w/ StockRom

beachbum40
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Check this out might explain the mic issue
http://www.nxpsoftware.com/press/nxp...the-galaxy-s5/
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (Rooted custom rom 4.3
Retired Samsung Galaxy S2 (rooted custom rom Jedi mind Trick jb 4 4.1.2)
Current Samsung Galaxy S3 T999L rooted HellFire2.9 KitKat 4.4.2(retired)
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900T stock rom