Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,502 Members 41,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you flash any custom ROM ?

Tip us?

Hnk1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 502
Default Can you flash any custom ROM ?

Hello
I was wondering if I could flash galaxy S 3 international version with any carrier specific custom rom like Verizon /at&t etc and vice versa. I see there are many ROMs which aren't available for international variant but for some carrier.

I know there must be some carrier differences and little other small security patches, but does that mean I can use any ROM or I would face problems like glitches/soft brick etc?

I know in Sony, HTC it is not a problem but how about Samsung ?
Away till 13th September

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS NOT BEEN WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST
CLICK HERE

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
Hello
I was wondering if I could flash galaxy S 3 international version with any carrier specific custom rom like Verizon /at&t etc and vice versa. I see there are many ROMs which aren't available for international variant but for some carrier.

I know there must be some carrier differences and little other small security patches, but does that mean I can use any ROM or I would face problems like glitches/soft brick etc?

I wouldn't even attempt to flash a rom that's meant for a Verizon phone for an international S3. The phones are similar yes but they are different in so many ways. You could hard brick your phone if you attempt to flash a rom that's not meant for your phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
Hello

There are a few good threads on XDA for porting roms. Porting between Verizon and international shouldn't take to long. As long as you stay in the s3 family most of the porting is copy past stuff.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]