Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to charge

Tip us?

g2525
Old
(Last edited by g2525; 15th May 2014 at 03:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboi81 View Post
Yes absolutely s off your phone to remove it. Rumrunner or Firewater should work on that. Personally I'm not sure if changing roms would make a difference but probably worth trying

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Would Rumrunner or firewater still work? I currently cant establish any adb connection... but fastboot is working tho.

Edit: I looked into firewater, which seems to be 100% adb dependent. So I guess firewater wont work.

I'm not sure about rumrunner tho... it seems to indicate that it'll check for an adb connection... but im not sure if it utilizes adb.

Tewessarino
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently had the same problem running Android Revolution 62, i didnt plug in my phone overnight and it completely ran dead and wouldnt take a charge at all, all i basically had to do was plug it in to the wall charger for like 10 minutes and hold the volume up and power button for a few seconds and BOOM! the little battery icon popped up on the screen and i was all set.
One thing im wondering about though is do you have to somehow reset your battery stats after this happens ??

g2525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewessarino View Post
I recently had the same problem running Android Revolution 62, i didnt plug in my phone overnight and it completely ran dead and wouldnt take a charge at all, all i basically had to do was plug it in to the wall charger for like 10 minutes and hold the volume up and power button for a few seconds and BOOM! the little battery icon popped up on the screen and i was all set.
One thing im wondering about though is do you have to somehow reset your battery stats after this happens ??
Hey, thanks for the input.

My phone started having this issue on sunday. And i'm still able to use the device. The Issue i'm experiencing is that it will not charge while powered on, even in safe mode, bootloader, and or recovery. It just flat out won't charge. to make matters worse, fastboot is working fine in the bootloader, the pc is recognizing it. But as soon as i boot up, my PC and mac will not even recognize it. nothing is showing. The only time that its being recognized by the computer is when its in fastboot mode and for a few seconds while booting up, it'll be recognized as MTP device.

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Have you checked that the drivers are installed in device manager. If fastboot works it's likely a driver issue

g2525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Have you checked that the drivers are installed in device manager. If fastboot works it's likely a driver issue

To be honest with you, i'm not sure if the driver is working (mac user). But even if the driver is installed incorrectly, wouldn't windows device manager thing still pick it up as a generic device? and from my understanding, the phone should still charge even without the correct driver.

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Not for charging I was talking more about getting adb working to s off your phone. I think you should probably send your phone back

g2525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Not for charging I was talking more about getting adb working to s off your phone. I think you should probably send your phone back

Well, the thing is, non of my computers are recognizing it via ADB (Macbook, Hackintosh, and Windows), so that pretty much rules out the driver issue. I am planning on sending it back, but I really should get rid of the UNLOCK and TEMPERED sign in hboot...

On another note, if i do bring it in for repairs, what approach should i take? Bring it in without any charge left and tell them it won't charge? or bring it in powered on, and use some other excuse (dead pixels, and or the purple tint) to get repaired?

g2525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Also, i've noticed that when I'm charging it while its off, the whole phone would heat up quite a bit (similar to medium/ heavy usage temperature| my estimate would be 40-45 celsius). And it charges really slowly, I would say around 10-20% per hour, while it would make sense to charge slowly, the charger(s) are also heating up quite a bit as well, almost like they're supplying 800-900mA of current.

g2525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
I've just loaded the stock rom, and sadly, charging and adb is still not working.

hp13
Old
Thanks Meter 150
any solutions to this? i am having same problem. its barely charging in adb, fastboot, or whether its on . somehow phone isn't charging at all.