Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lcd density

Tip us?

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
There's more than one way to skin a cat; what I've done instead is install xposed framework and use the App Settings module to control dpi for apps individually while leaving build prop at default. For me not all applications need higher dpi and some like Next Issue fail to render images properly when the density is changed in build prop.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android.Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier View Post
Any update on this? I generally use the floating keyboard as I have found it swiping with one hand works great on this tablet but I would really like a normal looking standard keyboard. If you fixed the issue via code could you share the code/process?
Still looking into this. You can use the Xposed app module to change certain apps or system apps however I've not been able to find the floating and split keyboard resolution yet. For the full screen keyboard changing the DPI back to 320 works fine, however we are still looking into a fix for the other.

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android.Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gthing
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I was able to change the system DPI by using app settings and changing DPI for System and System UI. But I am running into the same problem with the keyboard. Even when it is set to 320, the floating keyboard and any pop up windows from the regular keyboard are fubar. I don't want to use the floating keyboard, but I can't find a way to disable it and it seems to come back periodically. Either need to fix the resolution issue or figure out how to disable some of the keyboard modes.
Treo 650 -> Blackjack -> Tytn I -> Tytn 2 -> Palm Pre -> Hero -> Evo -> Evo 3D -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S III -> Nexus 4

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Has anyone found a fix for the other graphical elements of the stock keyboard after a system wide lcd density change?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

hendav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
Has anyone found a fix for the other graphical elements of the stock keyboard after a system wide lcd density change?

Not that I am aware of, I think our best bet is just changing the individual apps via app settings on xposed.