Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android on idevice

Tip us?
 
otavio15
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] Android on idevice

Hi everybody

I'm an andoid user. I have a galaxy s4 on 4.3.2. and an iPad 2 with ios 7.1.1.

I hate ios, because it is not as free as android. So, is there anyway to install android on ipad?

Two years ago there was iboot, but I think it doesnt exist anymore

Sell my iPad and buy an android tablet is really not an option
 
gallardo5
Old
#2  
gallardo5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 218
Posts: 972
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by otavio15 View Post
Hi everybody

I'm an andoid user. I have a galaxy s4 on 4.3.2. and an iPad 2 with ios 7.1.1.

I hate ios, because it is not as free as android. So, is there anyway to install android on ipad?

Two years ago there was iboot, but I think it doesnt exist anymore

Sell my iPad and buy an android tablet is really not an option
I have seen lots of people asking for it across the forum, but everytime the answer was no, so I would assume there is no option for that. But Im not 100% sure, maybe someone will come up with solution the main problem would be bootloader which is locked, what makes it impossible to flash amother kernel, and Android kernel is needed to boot android, it would not work on apple kernel.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
SE T290i>SE K700i>SE K750i>SE W580i>SE P900i>SE C902>Nokia 5230>HTC Wildfire>SE Xperia X10 mini>SE Xperia Arc S>HTC Wildfire>HTC Sensation>Sony Xperia S>HTC One X>LG Nexus 4>Sony Xperia Z1

And birth on 1994
 
NakotaD
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo5 View Post
I have seen lots of people asking for it across the forum, but everytime the answer was no, so I would assume there is no option for that. But Im not 100% sure, maybe someone will come up with solution the main problem would be bootloader which is locked, what makes it impossible to flash amother kernel, and Android kernel is needed to boot android, it would not work on apple kernel.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I remember when they started doing this.. i really wanted rockbox on my 4th gen nano but they just started locking the bootloaders.. the stock firmware started showing the wrong title for songs and.. now i have an HTC
 
otavio15
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
ios sucks. there is no freedom. you can't use tasker, you can't connect to some bluetooth devices, you can't do anything

I really don't understand how can people like apple

Anyway, I think everybody would appreciate if a dev comes out with a solution, if it is possible of course.
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#5  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 254
Posts: 798
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo5 View Post
I have seen lots of people asking for it across the forum, but everytime the answer was no, so I would assume there is no option for that. But Im not 100% sure, maybe someone will come up with solution the main problem would be bootloader which is locked, what makes it impossible to flash amother kernel, and Android kernel is needed to boot android, it would not work on apple kernel.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't think the bootloader is even compatible. Hey, the kernel needs modifications to work on Apple hardware too. Without the source codes, it's impossible.





Quote:
Originally Posted by otavio15 View Post
ios sucks. there is no freedom. you can't use tasker, you can't connect to some bluetooth devices, you can't do anything

I really don't understand how can people like apple

Anyway, I think everybody would appreciate if a dev comes out with a solution, if it is possible of course.
What? Some Bluetooth devices don't work with Apple devices?

P.S. People who like apple=they dislike customization/too noob for advanced customization.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
 
otavio15
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post

What? Some Bluetooth devices don't work with Apple devices?



Exactly, I have a OBDII device attached to my car, and my iPad doesnt recognize it, just my galaxy s4
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#7  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 254
Posts: 798
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by otavio15 View Post
Exactly, I have a OBDII device attached to my car, and my iPad doesnt recognize it, just my galaxy s4
That's retarded

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes