Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] loading recovery sd hold n for boot menu /bootdata/BCB missing. running recovery

OP hydro6773

11th June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
what does this mean," loading recovery from sd... hold n for boot menu /bootdata/bcb missing. running recovery ".

can i recover from this and how?
11th June 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,695
 
8,415 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro6773

what does this mean," loading recovery from sd... hold n for boot menu /bootdata/bcb missing. running recovery ".

can i recover from this and how?

Huh? Are these messages you received or something? What is it you are doing?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
11th June 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Huh? Are these messages you received or something? What is it you are doing?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

yes thats the msg i see with my sdcard in

i just want to get my nook hd working like it came from the store again. i am soo in over my head. i feel like eventually im gona brick this thing and its gonna be a 150 dollar paper weight.

without my sd card inserted it boots into emms cwm based recovery

please help someone
11th June 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,695
 
8,415 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro6773

yes thats the msg i see with my sdcard in

i just want to get my nook hd working like it came from the store again. i am soo in over my head. i feel like eventually im gona brick this thing and its gonna be a 150 dollar paper weight.

without my sd card inserted it boots into emms cwm based recovery

please help someone

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a new bootable CWM SD per item 1a. Use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6 followed by a factory reset with CWM. You will be back to pure stock.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
So if I am reading item 1a correctly to make the cwm sdcard, us the Mini-Tool Partition Wizard and set the only partition there to active. And then copy the NookHDplus-factory-2.2.0-plain-stock zip to the sd card. And then boot up the Nook and install zip from sd card? And thats it? I should be back to stock??
11th June 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Thank you so so so much!! You were so right I am back on stock and now my wife wont make me sleep on the couch anymore. I cant thank you enough. Thanks for being so patient with such a noob like me. From now on I'll check with you guys before I do anything to any of my android devices. Youre the best leapinlar !!!! Thank you so much!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes