Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ringtone coming through PC

Tip us?

RIPBAP1999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default [Q] Ringtone coming through PC

Hello there,

Yesterday while at work, I received a call. My phone wasn't connected to the computer via usb or bluetooth, and wasn't on the same wifi network. There was a ringtone coming through my PC speakers! It was weird. It was different ringtone that my phone has. I tried calling my device three times afterward, and it still came through. Phone not connected in any way, and a different ringtone came through the PC speakers!

I cannot recreate this issue today I wanted to know if anyone else came across this? I am using a stock rooted ROM. Sense 6, the newest update out now.

I just find it odd. It's kinda cool though. If it is a feature, I would like to enable it.

Any thoughts?

muneebrocks
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPBAP1999 View Post
Hello there,

Yesterday while at work, I received a call. My phone wasn't connected to the computer via usb or bluetooth, and wasn't on the same wifi network. There was a ringtone coming through my PC speakers! It was weird. It was different ringtone that my phone has. I tried calling my device three times afterward, and it still came through. Phone not connected in any way, and a different ringtone came through the PC speakers!

I cannot recreate this issue today I wanted to know if anyone else came across this? I am using a stock rooted ROM. Sense 6, the newest update out now.

I just find it odd. It's kinda cool though. If it is a feature, I would like to enable it.

Any thoughts?
Your device has a ghost in it :P