Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Need help with installing ROM.

OP Åse

9th June 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
So far, I have rooted the phone. The bootloader says the device is unlocked.
Where do I go from here?

I have a ROM picked out already, it's on the SD card, on the phone, all ready to go. The problem I'm having is I have no idea how to "reboot to recovery" in the ROM instalation steps when I can't figure how to install a recovery like CWM (which doesn't seem to be avaliable for this phone?).

I've been at this for an hour and a half and so far I've made no progress other than simply frustrating myself with my inability to figure out what seems to be something so simple.

I have a fully rooted and moded Atrix2, but I was able to install CWM Recovery from google play, and it's all simple from there, but that's where I'm stuck at with this AtrixHD, I can't find a recovery to install to flash ROM, flash gapps, clear dalvic, and carry on my happy way.

I've been searching and trying more things and with no luck. It's been two hours now. I can't find a CWM Recovery to install, and TWRP just gives me dead-droid that I have to unscrew the battery connector to hard reset the phone to go back and try again.

I've been refraining from posting this, but I'm going to bed now and I've had no luck at all. Really could just use some help.
9th June 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 633

2,748 posts
More
Use myth tools to install cwm. You can also download the latest cwm or Philz and flash it in fastboot mode.
9th June 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Myth Tools is a windows binary, I'm running linux, so it doesn't do me much good at all.
Also, I don't know where to get the latest CWM. Haven't heard of Philz, but I'll see if I can find it. As for flashing it in fastboot mode, never done that before (since I never had to with old phone), so not entirely sure how to.

Found the how to flash a recovery finally http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_mb886 no longer stuck now. Installing ROM as I type this.
Last edited by Åse; 9th June 2014 at 07:07 PM.
10th June 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #4  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 633

2,748 posts
More
Did you unlock the bootloader?
11th June 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Did you unlock the bootloader?

Yes, ROM is loaded onto the phone already now, I was stuck at not having CWM recovery, but I found a how-to with replacing it now.
I just wasn't having luck finding out what to do with that step. It's kinda a learning curve with installing custom roms, once you learn it, it's simple, but with every device being somewhat different and needing special steps for some devices, and different steps for others, this wasn't the same process as my old phone and it left me a bit lost and quite stuck. The URL I put above gave me everything I needed to know that I didn't already have knowledge about.
11th June 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 73

193 posts
More
Download philz recovery and then download flashify from play store and flash recovery through it

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread