5,814,981 Members 39,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Note 2 softbrick help?

Tip us?

mickeydjw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sprint Note 2 softbrick help?

Hello,

I've spent this weekend pouring over google, bing, and all sorts of different forums, and nothing I've tried has fixed the issue.

I've got a Note 2 on Sprint that I've managed to soft-brick. I can boot into download mode, but I can't boot into recovery. When I try to, it stays on the Note 2 splash screen.

I can get Odin to communicate with the phone, and it always fails at the same step: sboot.bin. I've tried several of the custom recoveries, as well as several of the different self-extracting one-click back to stock. Nothing I've tried has worked.

What is the next step that I can try? What other information do you need from me to help troubleshoot this thing?

Thanks!

wcz2820
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried Kies?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I've managed to soft-brick, firm-brick and semi-hard brick my phone and always managed to find a way to resolve it. If Kies can't communicate with the phone to do the firmware recovery then you might need to reinstall the samsung usb drivers. Also does the computer recognize that you connected the isb cable? If so you're still able to recover the phone!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Also try using an older version of Odin to see if it helps along with an older cwm and check to see if it helps as well. If you still cant recover then you might have hard bricked the phone

RealColdHoney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had this same issue a few nights ago. I had to try multiple ROMs all downloaded from different places and flash then in Odin until one worked. If you'd like I can post the one that worked for me. The only problem with it is that it messes up your notification toggles, there is only airplane mode and blocking mode. Also every time you rotate the screen (ex. Watching a YouTube video) it force closes the system ui

mickeydjw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealColdHoney View Post
I had this same issue a few nights ago. I had to try multiple ROMs all downloaded from different places and flash then in Odin until one worked. If you'd like I can post the one that worked for me. The only problem with it is that it messes up your notification toggles, there is only airplane mode and blocking mode. Also every time you rotate the screen (ex. Watching a YouTube video) it force closes the system ui
That would be great if you could. Once I get to a rom I can use, I should be able to get into recovery and flash back to stock.

g_money
Old
Thanks Meter 296
You said you tried different roms, but have you tried to flash a different custom recovery first. You may want to try philz?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm just saying....
g_money

PROUD owner of a Sprint Galaxy sIII
(My wife thinks her Note2 is better.
She gets no root access until she apologizes...)

mickeydjw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_money View Post
You said you tried different roms, but have you tried to flash a different custom recovery first. You may want to try philz?

I've tried multiple recoveries. I can flash them, and odin says success, but the phone never boots into recovery. Always the Note 2 splash screen.

RealColdHoney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeydjw View Post
I've tried multiple recoveries. I can flash them, and odin says success, but the phone never boots into recovery. Always the Note 2 splash screen.
Yeah this was my exact issue. The download that worked for me was the most recent one over at SamMobile. Since i am a new user XDA is not letting me post links yet so i am going to put it here in pieces and you can put them together in your address bar.

http: //ww w.samm obile.com /firmw ares/3 /?downloa d=22322

g_money
Old
Thanks Meter 296
You may want to give this a try:

http://www.androidayos.com/2014/06/0...y-note-2-l900/

Keep in mind i have not used the above link, so use at your own risk...

I'm just saying....
g_money

PROUD owner of a Sprint Galaxy sIII
(My wife thinks her Note2 is better.
She gets no root access until she apologizes...)