Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Sprint Note 2 softbrick help?

OP mickeydjw

9th June 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,

I've spent this weekend pouring over google, bing, and all sorts of different forums, and nothing I've tried has fixed the issue.

I've got a Note 2 on Sprint that I've managed to soft-brick. I can boot into download mode, but I can't boot into recovery. When I try to, it stays on the Note 2 splash screen.

I can get Odin to communicate with the phone, and it always fails at the same step: sboot.bin. I've tried several of the custom recoveries, as well as several of the different self-extracting one-click back to stock. Nothing I've tried has worked.

What is the next step that I can try? What other information do you need from me to help troubleshoot this thing?

Thanks!
10th June 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #2  

3 posts
Have you tried Kies?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I've managed to soft-brick, firm-brick and semi-hard brick my phone and always managed to find a way to resolve it. If Kies can't communicate with the phone to do the firmware recovery then you might need to reinstall the samsung usb drivers. Also does the computer recognize that you connected the isb cable? If so you're still able to recover the phone!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Also try using an older version of Odin to see if it helps along with an older cwm and check to see if it helps as well. If you still cant recover then you might have hard bricked the phone

10th June 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
I had this same issue a few nights ago. I had to try multiple ROMs all downloaded from different places and flash then in Odin until one worked. If you'd like I can post the one that worked for me. The only problem with it is that it messes up your notification toggles, there is only airplane mode and blocking mode. Also every time you rotate the screen (ex. Watching a YouTube video) it force closes the system ui
11th June 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealColdHoney

I had this same issue a few nights ago. I had to try multiple ROMs all downloaded from different places and flash then in Odin until one worked. If you'd like I can post the one that worked for me. The only problem with it is that it messes up your notification toggles, there is only airplane mode and blocking mode. Also every time you rotate the screen (ex. Watching a YouTube video) it force closes the system ui

That would be great if you could. Once I get to a rom I can use, I should be able to get into recovery and flash back to stock.
11th June 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 337

406 posts
More
You said you tried different roms, but have you tried to flash a different custom recovery first. You may want to try philz?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
11th June 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_money

You said you tried different roms, but have you tried to flash a different custom recovery first. You may want to try philz?

I've tried multiple recoveries. I can flash them, and odin says success, but the phone never boots into recovery. Always the Note 2 splash screen.
11th June 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #7  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeydjw

I've tried multiple recoveries. I can flash them, and odin says success, but the phone never boots into recovery. Always the Note 2 splash screen.

Yeah this was my exact issue. The download that worked for me was the most recent one over at SamMobile. Since i am a new user XDA is not letting me post links yet so i am going to put it here in pieces and you can put them together in your address bar.

http: //ww w.samm obile.com /firmw ares/3 /?downloa d=22322
11th June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 337

406 posts
More
You may want to give this a try:

http://www.androidayos.com/2014/06/0...y-note-2-l900/

Keep in mind i have not used the above link, so use at your own risk...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread