5,815,133 Members 38,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG's software update record?

Tip us?

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Chances are that if you are not receiving updates it is only because your carrier doesn't give a rats ass about your satisfaction. Un-branded and unlocked devices typically receive updates shortly after new versions are released by Google. The order of major manufacturers' speed in updating software goes like this:
Motorola
HTC
Samsung
LG.

I highly recommend unlocked devices if you have the money to spend. However if you a poor schmuck like me and rely on contract devices, then you can either root and flash custom ROMS (say goodbye to warranty) or suffer in eternal damnation like the damn peasants that we are (according to carriers).

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NaveenKumarXDA
Old
(Last edited by NaveenKumarXDA; 12th June 2014 at 07:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak View Post
Chances are that if you are not receiving updates it is only because your carrier doesn't give a rats ass about your satisfaction. Un-branded and unlocked devices typically receive updates shortly after new versions are released by Google. The order of major manufacturers' speed in updating software goes like this:
Motorola
HTC
Samsung
LG.

I highly recommend unlocked devices if you have the money to spend. However if you a poor schmuck like me and rely on contract devices, then you can either root and flash custom ROMS (say goodbye to warranty) or suffer in eternal damnation like the damn peasants that we are (according to carriers).

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have both G & G Pro unlocked but never got update since last year .

a961009
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKumarXDA View Post
I have both G & G Pro unlocked but never update since last year .
Korean version will be the first device to be updated.

Only then LG will work on Int'l version.

Of course US Residents(Tmo,att,verzion,sprint etc..) will get updates later than the int'l version due to carriers.

As far as I know, G2 int'l version got kitkat two or three months later the Korean version got it...

I know this so well because I have been watching LG from Optimus LTE2 (Currently using)... (G G Pro G2 GFlex Gpro2) - I am Korean
Motorola Motoroi(Korean version of milestone XT720 ) XT720
Motorola MotoQRTY(Korean version of Milestone ) XT854
HTC Desire A8181
HTC Desire HD A9191
LG Optimus LTE2 (LG-F160K)
LG G3 D855 (Singapore)

Semantics
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Samsung and HTC used to be notorious for slow updates, now LG has the tag. With any of the new Flagships (S series, M series, G series) updates will be in line with each other. My G2 got Kit Kat on T-Mobile before my wifes HTC M7 did.