Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tried to root device but it unlocked the bootloader and gives me a red warning.

Tip us?

RED_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Exclamation Tried to root device but it unlocked the bootloader and gives me a red warning.

I can get into fastboot. The device still boots, but obviously everything was wiped and it's stock Android. When I try to go to recovery I get a a Android emote guy with a red warning triangle.

I assume recovery is buggered? Is it correct in assuming that because I can get into fastboot I can simply flash a recovery image and hope for the best? I was trying to load CWM on it. Just want to double check before I go ahead.

The first time recovery said it flashed fine, I went into it and at the bottom it told me that sd couldn't mount, amongst other things that could not mount, including /system/ which is odd because the device is usable.
Follow me on Twitter!
Click here

Android app developer.

Check out my applications here: Play store link to my apps

Erovia
Old
Thanks Meter 236
As long as you can enter fastboot mode, you can flash (factory) images onto your device's partitions.
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4+
Kernel: hells-Core
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat 5+
Kernel: LeanKernel
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Motorola Milestone A853 ROM: CyanogenMod 9.1.0d Recovery: Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu-

RED_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia View Post
As long as you can enter fastboot mode, you can flash (factory) images onto your device's partitions.
Thanks just wanted to double check. Will get on it at some point.
Follow me on Twitter!
Click here

Android app developer.

Check out my applications here: Play store link to my apps
Tags
bootloader, flash, nexus7, recovery, rom