Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Would reverting to stock and re-rooting help my terrible battery life?

OP hardisty

10th June 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Short version: I'm getting horrible battery life on a brand new battery with a setup that other people get much more life out of. Is it possible that there's some part of my phone that survives all the clean flashes I do and is responsible for this? Would completely taking my phone back to stock and then re-rooting and flashing a ROM wipe that part out or does regular clean flashing clear out anything that could be responsible?

Detailed version: I've had my device rooted since Day 1 and have flashed countless ROMs over the two years. Recently I noticed I was getting horrible battery life on Carbon, especially when it came to screen on time. I bought a brand new battery and it got a little better but still pretty terrible. Since then I've tried a couple different ROMs and kernels (AOSPA, Task650, kt747) and while it's been better, it usually can't make it past 6pm. At best I'm getting 1-1.5hrs screen on time. Also, the first 15% and last 25% drains so much faster than the rest. Would going completely to stock, re-rooting, and flashing a rom help?
11th June 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,033

3,204 posts
More
Nothing should remain if you wipe system, data, cache, and Dalvik.

Try installing a ROM with a CPU governor that allows your to choose the settings.
11th June 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 221

1,123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also try undervolting in the kernel and see if that helps

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread