Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile GalaxyS5 m900t LTE issue

Tip us?

Alan Shore
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy T-Mobile GalaxyS5 m900t LTE issue

Just joined from the iphone world to the android world after about 3 years. Wow. =]

Anyway, just bought the phone yesterday, activated it an within 15 minutes had it rooted phiz recovery and and installed AllianceRom 3.1 on it.

I've had a bit of an issue, It will not go LTE. It only stay on 4g or go to E,, H+, my friend who has an iphone, same provider and same service, his phone shows LTE in our same location at his desk but mine will not go above 4G.

Did I do something wrong with the root process? Anyone ever seen this issue? I'd say its an issue with the service but when you have a friend with the same provider and his phone is showing LTE, it begs to ask questions

Thanks all,
Alan

koolboyztn
Old
Thanks Meter 81
do a speed test and u will know, i think on yr ROM 4G = LTE, H+ = 4G, also check yr APN too.

Alan Shore
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Got it Hope this helps new rooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolboyztn View Post
do a speed test and u will know, i think on yr ROM 4G = LTE, H+ = 4G, also check yr APN too.
I checked it out, I found that it was a combination of a couple of things,

When I bought the phone I rooted it immediately, didn't officially update it or anything. I was working on the older radio with the newer Alliance rom which required the latest radio.

The only way I was able to fix it was use Kies, update it, which put it back to stock recovery and stock rom. Reroot using Odin and install Omega's rom. It would of probably worked fine with Alliance rom but I saw a couple things I liked with Omega.

When I updated stock I saw LTE. Which told me that it was a radio issue, I tried updating the radio manually but it failed so I just let Kies do it.

All settled and done, it's purring like a kitten now Thanks Koolboyztn for your suggestion