Originally Posted by N074N008
Thank you so much! :thumbup:
Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
Okay first off here is a list of things you will need.
1. twrp recovery http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0lt...ltespr.img.tar
2. odin 1.85 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.aWw&cad=rja
3. samsung usb drivers http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co..._v220.127.116.11.exe
4. sdcard (anything over 1 GB will be fine) inserted in phone
Now steps to perform
1. On your pc install odin and then samsung drivers
2. Place the twrp-xxxx.tar file into the odin folder
3. Boot phone into download mode -- with power off press and hold vol -, home key, and Power
4. It will boot and ask you to press vol + to continue
5. Open the odin program and uncheck auto reboot
6. Click on the button that says PDA and then select the TWRP file
7. Connect phone to PC
8. Click on start and it will flash the recovery
9. After it says done disconnect phone from pc and remove battery
10. Now with battery out press and hold vol +, home key, and power
11. It should boot into TWRP
12. Go to mounts and mount /data and /system if they are not already mounted
13. Back to main menu and choose Advanced...File Manager
14. Select data ... data ... com.android.providers.telephony ... databases
15. Now copy mmssms.db, mmssms.db-shm, mmssms.db-wal to sdcard (press on the file ... Copy file ... external_sdcard)
16. Once all the files are copied press the (Up A Level) till you are back to the root
17. Select system then build.prop Copy to external_sdcard
Now you have all the important sms/mms files and you can power off your phone. Remove the sdcard and copy (dont move) those files to your PC.
Now you have a couple of choices. You can extract the database files and try and use them in court or you can fix the phone and place the database files back where they came from.
If you plan on putting the files back on the phone (suggested method) then you will need to open the build.prop with a text editor (wordpad is fine). Then look through it for the version you were running. Below is part of a build.prop the two red lines are what you want to know. This will tell me what the original rom was so I can get you a link and instructions on how to flash it.
ro.build.date=Thu May 8 00:01:36 KST 2014
If you plan on just extracting the files let me know and I will get you links and info on how to do that.
If you have any questions about the steps or problems performing any step just let me know (dont skip any step) and I will help you.
HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet