Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashing Galaxy S4.. PLEASE HELPP

Tip us?

luckyd8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
so try without the pit file, if you brick flash tthe 4.2.2 to unbrick.
what do you mean, you actually had to replace a physical piece because of a brick??? never heard of that happening before
Yeah if u hard brick it, the phone doesnt do anything.. Not even charge or flash a light.. Its just completely dead.. You could get it unbricked if ur living in USA or UK and few other countries using JTag method but in ireland they dont have the tools to do it, not even the samsung repair shop, so i had to buy a new motherboard.. Thats why im very scared to do this..

Kobro
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd8 View Post
Yeah if u hard brick it, the phone doesnt do anything.. Not even charge or flash a light.. Its just completely dead.. You could get it unbricked if ur living in USA or UK and few other countries using JTag method but in ireland they dont have the tools to do it, not even the samsung repair shop, so i had to buy a new motherboard.. Thats why im very scared to do this..
you can also get a usb jig off ebay for about $5, just plug it into the port and it boots into odin mode.
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

luckyd8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
you can also get a usb jig off ebay for about $5, just plug it into the port and it boots into odin mode.
You also have to buy a riff box which is about 140