Help! No wifi after n5110 kitkat update

OP kiault

10th June 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Help! I just updated the firmware on my GT-N5110 to US Cellular South 4.4.2 (from 4.2.2), both downloaded from SamMobile. I used Mobile Olin to do the update, and everything seems to work, except I can't turn on the WIFI - the software switch simply won't turn on. I even wiped the data and restored to factory settings, but still no WIFI.

I had made a backup copy of my 4.2.2 install which is on my ext storage, but I lost root, and my ROM manager install, so I'm unable to restore the backup, and booting to stock system recovery doesn't recognize my backup.

I installed Kies on my Win7 laptop, but the laptop doesn't seem to recognize the tablet when I plug it in, so it doesn't seem that I can use Olin 3.07 to re-flash 4.2.2.

So, I need some help,

Thanks in advance!
11th June 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 219

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiault

Help! I just updated the firmware on my GT-N5110 to US Cellular South 4.4.2 (from 4.2.2), both downloaded from SamMobile. I used Mobile Olin to do the update, and everything seems to work, except I can't turn on the WIFI - the software switch simply won't turn on. I even wiped the data and restored to factory settings, but still no WIFI.

I had made a backup copy of my 4.2.2 install which is on my ext storage, but I lost root, and my ROM manager install, so I'm unable to restore the backup, and booting to stock system recovery doesn't recognize my backup.

I installed Kies on my Win7 laptop, but the laptop doesn't seem to recognize the tablet when I plug it in, so it doesn't seem that I can use Olin 3.07 to re-flash 4.2.2.

So, I need some help,

Thanks in advance!

Mobile odin doesn't flash the new bootloader which is required for wifi to work on the new 4.4.2 roms. You can either flash the new bootloader through Odin for PC, or flash Civato's custom kernel which fixed wifi without needing to flash the new bootloader. Check Civ's thread in the dev section.
11th June 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671

1,959 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrcoko

Mobile odin doesn't flash the new bootloader which is required for wifi to work on the new 4.4.2 roms. You can either flash the new bootloader through Odin for PC, or flash Civato's custom kernel which fixed wifi without needing to flash the new bootloader. Check Civ's thread in the dev section.

Sounds like he can't flash because no root or custom recovery. Can't Odin because no root and PC won't recognize the device.

I would wonder why the PC can't recognize the device and work on fixing that. Did you try uninstalling/re-installing the PC driver, different USB ports, different PC, etc? You don't need Kies installed for Odin to work as long as the PC has proper drivers and recognizes the device.
11th June 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Thanks for the replies and feedback. Is there a thread that explains how to install Windows drivers without using Kies?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
11th June 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 219

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

Sounds like he can't flash because no root or custom recovery. Can't Odin because no root and PC won't recognize the device.

Strange, root shouldn't be required to flash with PC Odin. Like you said, he just needs the correct windows USB drivers and to put the device in download mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiault

Thanks for the replies and feedback. Is there a thread that explains how to install Windows drivers without using Kies?

Just Google "Samsung USB drivers" and you should be able to find the file. Once you do, download it and install on your PC. Then put your device in download mode, start Odin, connect the device to your PC via USB and try to flash again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, n5110, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread