Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note P905 cant update

Tip us?

alexan92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note P905 cant update

Hello!

I just bought my new tablet and I wanted to make sure I have latest version for my device, but I got a message saying that my device has been modified, ok so then I installed kies and it told me I had the latest version avaliable, then I went into download mode and I saw system status:Custom, I tried to wipe both partitions but still the same problem.... I bought this tablet today feels very strange that my system is custom. On my note 3 it is says official

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Are you using a MicroSD? If yes, take it out, then reboot and check again. It's a known bug.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

milan188
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Same on mine. No micro sd rebooted many times

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk
Neat Rom LPG
Phenomenal Extreme 5.5

cavkic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If you rooted you've tripped the knox security sistem and samsung won't update a rooted device. At least that's what Ithink happened on my device...
LG G2
Transformer Prime (don't really like it, never worked completely)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (SM-P905 Snapdragon version)

sorinin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexan92 View Post
Hello!

I just bought my new tablet and I wanted to make sure I have latest version for my device, but I got a message saying that my device has been modified, ok so then I installed kies and it told me I had the latest version avaliable, then I went into download mode and I saw system status:Custom, I tried to wipe both partitions but still the same problem.... I bought this tablet today feels very strange that my system is custom. On my note 3 it is says official
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Are you using a MicroSD? If yes, take it out, then reboot and check again. It's a known bug.
Hello
I have the same problem. Is custom but Knox is 0x0. I try everything, including Odin, but NO result. In Odin don't start the process, in Kies it shows that is the last firmware, and OTA "the device is modified".

FreshlyBrewed
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is a common issue with the SM P905 variant, I had the same problem myself. The only way to sort it out is to send it to Samsung for repairs or take it in to a service centre. I'm pretty sure all they'll be doing is reflashing the firmware but you might not want to void the warranty by doing it yourself.

sorinin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshlyBrewed View Post
This is a common issue with the SM P905 variant, I had the same problem myself. The only way to sort it out is to send it to Samsung for repairs or take it in to a service centre. I'm pretty sure all they'll be doing is reflashing the firmware but you might not want to void the warranty by doing it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinin View Post
Hello
I have the same problem. Is custom but Knox is 0x0. I try everything, including Odin, but NO result. In Odin don't start the process, in Kies it shows that is the last firmware, and OTA "the device is modified".
Hello
I solve the problem by using another laptop with WinXP. But please make an IMEI backup. I don't make it, and now my IMEI is /01 and I don't have Phone acces. ..

sorinin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Now is possible to use my computer (Odin). I make update at last BIOS for my laptop. But still I can not find my IMEI, and in this way can't use the phone...

cracou111
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinin View Post
Now is possible to use my computer (Odin). I make update at last BIOS for my laptop. But still I can not find my IMEI, and in this way can't use the phone...
Wait simply for the update via KIES or OTA. It will be available soon or is still available for a lot of countries.
Status will pass from modified to Official.

check this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710004

Hi,
You first have to check if this particular update (not the stability update BUT this "modified status bug" update is available for your country.
Check it here http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...device=SM-P905

Have a good Sunday.

Fabien
Note 3 and Galaxy note pro 12.2 4G

operator : Proximus Belgium

drmarquis
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracou111 View Post
Wait simply for the update via KIES or OTA. It will be available soon or is still available for a lot of countries.
Status will pass from modified to Official.

check this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710004

Hi,
You first have to check if this particular update (not the stability update BUT this "modified status bug" update is available for your country.
Check it here http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...device=SM-P905

Have a good Sunday.

Fabien
No Problem with mine SM-P905