Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Note P905 cant update

OP alexan92

28th May 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Hello!

I just bought my new tablet and I wanted to make sure I have latest version for my device, but I got a message saying that my device has been modified, ok so then I installed kies and it told me I had the latest version avaliable, then I went into download mode and I saw system status:Custom, I tried to wipe both partitions but still the same problem.... I bought this tablet today feels very strange that my system is custom. On my note 3 it is says official
29th May 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #2  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
4,152 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Are you using a MicroSD? If yes, take it out, then reboot and check again. It's a known bug.
29th May 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 46
 
290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Same on mine. No micro sd rebooted many times

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #4  
cavkic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bihac
Thanks Meter: 13
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
If you rooted you've tripped the knox security sistem and samsung won't update a rooted device. At least that's what Ithink happened on my device...
2nd June 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexan92

Hello!

I just bought my new tablet and I wanted to make sure I have latest version for my device, but I got a message saying that my device has been modified, ok so then I installed kies and it told me I had the latest version avaliable, then I went into download mode and I saw system status:Custom, I tried to wipe both partitions but still the same problem.... I bought this tablet today feels very strange that my system is custom. On my note 3 it is says official

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Are you using a MicroSD? If yes, take it out, then reboot and check again. It's a known bug.

Hello
I have the same problem. Is custom but Knox is 0x0. I try everything, including Odin, but NO result. In Odin don't start the process, in Kies it shows that is the last firmware, and OTA "the device is modified".
4th June 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
This is a common issue with the SM P905 variant, I had the same problem myself. The only way to sort it out is to send it to Samsung for repairs or take it in to a service centre. I'm pretty sure all they'll be doing is reflashing the firmware but you might not want to void the warranty by doing it yourself.
5th June 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshlyBrewed

This is a common issue with the SM P905 variant, I had the same problem myself. The only way to sort it out is to send it to Samsung for repairs or take it in to a service centre. I'm pretty sure all they'll be doing is reflashing the firmware but you might not want to void the warranty by doing it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinin

Hello
I have the same problem. Is custom but Knox is 0x0. I try everything, including Odin, but NO result. In Odin don't start the process, in Kies it shows that is the last firmware, and OTA "the device is modified".

Hello
I solve the problem by using another laptop with WinXP. But please make an IMEI backup. I don't make it, and now my IMEI is /01 and I don't have Phone acces. ..
7th June 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Now is possible to use my computer (Odin). I make update at last BIOS for my laptop. But still I can not find my IMEI, and in this way can't use the phone...
9th June 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #9  
cracou111's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Malmedy
Thanks Meter: 14
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinin

Now is possible to use my computer (Odin). I make update at last BIOS for my laptop. But still I can not find my IMEI, and in this way can't use the phone...

Wait simply for the update via KIES or OTA. It will be available soon or is still available for a lot of countries.
Status will pass from modified to Official.

check this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710004

Hi,
You first have to check if this particular update (not the stability update BUT this "modified status bug" update is available for your country.
Check it here http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...device=SM-P905

Have a good Sunday.

Fabien
11th June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracou111

Wait simply for the update via KIES or OTA. It will be available soon or is still available for a lot of countries.
Status will pass from modified to Official.

check this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710004

Hi,
You first have to check if this particular update (not the stability update BUT this "modified status bug" update is available for your country.
Check it here http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...device=SM-P905

Have a good Sunday.

Fabien

No Problem with mine SM-P905

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes