Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can boot into recovery, reflash, but unable to load Android.

OP AlCapone

9th June 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

464 posts
the file I referred to, used (while it worked), and reflashed - was 4.1.2 -
PIT file did not help, no change.
I also flashed the german 4.4.2 , and then even PIT again.
no change in behaviour.
Flashing CWM recovery does not enable me to enter recovery mode.

I think there's a hardware problem, after all, it worked fine until one day I found it like this. Not related to any recent flashing.
11th June 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #12  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCapone

the file I referred to, used (while it worked), and reflashed - was 4.1.2 -
PIT file did not help, no change.
I also flashed the german 4.4.2 , and then even PIT again.
no change in behaviour.
Flashing CWM recovery does not enable me to enter recovery mode.

I think there's a hardware problem, after all, it worked fine until one day I found it like this. Not related to any recent flashing.

Mate, you are an idiot for flashing Kitkat... You need to get things working straight before throwing a new bootloader into the mix....
CWM may not work due to flashng to flash a JB recovery onto a Kitkat rom (this is why I called you an idiot, sorry if it caused offence but it does make fixing things a bit harder)... You may need to find the CWM or TWRP that supports the new Kitkat bootloader and try that...
11th June 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

464 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Mate, you are an idiot for flashing Kitkat... You need to get things working straight before throwing a new bootloader into the mix....
CWM may not work due to flashng to flash a JB recovery onto a Kitkat rom (this is why I called you an idiot, sorry if it caused offence but it does make fixing things a bit harder)... You may need to find the CWM or TWRP that supports the new Kitkat bootloader and try that...

yes, it might not be the smartest thing to do, so no offence taken But I did already reflash the previous ROM (the one I used until the sudden failure) - then I repartitioned, and as an desperate attempt, flashed kitkat, partially in hope of big canges would replace mostly everything. I were unable to boot into stock recovery, so I tried to flash that as well.
For now, I bought a Note 10.1 2014 edition, after vacation I might tinker some more with it and by some luck get it working.
_but due to the sudden way it stopped working, I suspect a hw failure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread