Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (New to Android) Rooting Rogers SM-G730W8?

Tip us?

MrJro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] (New to Android) Rooting Rogers SM-G730W8?

Hello everyone, My name is Jay I'm new to the forum and Android, coming over from iPhone, it's a pleasure to meet you all.
I have a few questions and I really hope this is the correct sub forum to place them.

I am curious if it's possible to "root" my S3 Mini I just received from my carrier I have no interest in unlocking the device so I won't need any information pertaining to that.

I understand that rooting is something similar to jailbreaking the device?
I've figured out that I should download the restore firmware incase I have any issues and I have done so from sammobile.
I've also managed to get the phone into developer mode by doing a sequence of taps in the "About Device" settings on the phone.
I can't find any mac compatible software so I'm assuming I'll need a windows computer which I can get access to?
This is all I've figured out so far.

Are there any guides that are accurate and tailored more towards the people just entering the android market?
What software is best and most newbie friendly?
Any tips for the newcomer to android?

I appreciate any and all answers to these questions and thank you for reading my thread
Have a great day.

mkruseonline
Old
Thanks Meter 81
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480102

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJro View Post
Hello everyone, My name is Jay I'm new to the forum and Android, coming over from iPhone, it's a pleasure to meet you all.
I have a few questions and I really hope this is the correct sub forum to place them.

I am curious if it's possible to "root" my S3 Mini I just received from my carrier I have no interest in unlocking the device so I won't need any information pertaining to that.

I understand that rooting is something similar to jailbreaking the device?
I've figured out that I should download the restore firmware incase I have any issues and I have done so from sammobile.
I've also managed to get the phone into developer mode by doing a sequence of taps in the "About Device" settings on the phone.
I can't find any mac compatible software so I'm assuming I'll need a windows computer which I can get access to?
This is all I've figured out so far.

Are there any guides that are accurate and tailored more towards the people just entering the android market?
What software is best and most newbie friendly?
Any tips for the newcomer to android?

I appreciate any and all answers to these questions and thank you for reading my thread
Have a great day.
biggest and most important of all bits of information

google.com is your friend
has all the information you will need to know about android phones and the software for them
Use the search functionality before you post as the question may have already been asked

I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work