Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Switch 3G on both sims on MTK devices

OP coolprateek.kumar

11th May 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bhagalpur
Thanks Meter: 547

1,260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3hm00d

no brother i installed custom rom then show 3g on 1 rom....and after ur guide also show only on 1 sim

Then it's possible that your rom isn't supported.
The reason is same as said by Xtreme.Ornob.
It's possible that your ROMs aren't supported.
Which phone do you have?
11th May 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 24

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolprateek.kumar

Then it's possible that your rom isn't supported.
The reason is same as said by Xtreme.Ornob.
It's possible that your ROMs aren't supported.
Which phone do you have?

Qmobile a900 clone of gionee elife e3
12th May 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #23  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 116

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolprateek.kumar

Seems you don't have engineering mode apk.

Where do I get it ?
12th May 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bhagalpur

1,260 posts
More
Figured out that it only works on MTK based devices.
17th May 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #25  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 11

114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme.Ornob

Actually the whole idea of your Thread is Wrong! Man... If U Want #G Service on both Sim, then u must MOD the Phone.apk & Also the Settings.apk and put the 3GModemSwitch Patches in the smali source! What you did is really awkward! This does not make any sense! This wouldnt Work if Your Phone.apk & Settings.apk isnt patched Properly

He's right, you can pull this "trick" through regular menu anyways, but it will not work if the 3G switch is not build in ROM in the first place. For example, I could never get that 3G to switch in stock (MTK) ROM but when I switched to custom Lewa ROM, it has already built-in 3G switch.
The problem is that I would like to get back to stock and I'm trying to find the ways to patch this...
17th May 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bhagalpur

1,260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frulex

He's right, you can pull this "trick" through regular menu anyways, but it will not work if the 3G switch is not build in ROM in the first place. For example, I could never get that 3G to switch in stock (MTK) ROM but when I switched to custom Lewa ROM, it has already built-in 3G switch.
The problem is that I would like to get back to stock and I'm trying to find the ways to patch this...

I've got my hands on one such phone.apk but reverse engineering it is very hard.
11th June 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 6

97 posts
I tried to apply what you explained in your post on my ngm forward infinity but I did not understand if I had to click on the final menu and select gsm only. Is that correct? I did it trying both wcdma only and then gsm only but when I exit the menu, the phone still was unable to switch 3g from sim 1 to sim 2. I have a THL w100 and it does it in its default stock rom and I find it is a very useful function. What's wrong with your method? Would yu please explain in a different and simpler way and how the results will be?
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
enable 3g in both sims, enable 3g in sim 2, switch 3g in both sims, switch 3g in sim 2
Previous Thread Next Thread