Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Switch 3G on both sims on MTK devices

Tip us?

coolprateek.kumar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3hm00d View Post
no brother i installed custom rom then show 3g on 1 rom....and after ur guide also show only on 1 sim
Then it's possible that your rom isn't supported.
The reason is same as said by Xtreme.Ornob.
It's possible that your ROMs aren't supported.
Which phone do you have?

m3hm00d
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolprateek.kumar View Post
Then it's possible that your rom isn't supported.
The reason is same as said by Xtreme.Ornob.
It's possible that your ROMs aren't supported.
Which phone do you have?
Qmobile a900 clone of gionee elife e3

gladson1976
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolprateek.kumar View Post
Seems you don't have engineering mode apk.
Where do I get it ?
Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192 - CarbonRom KK 4.4.4 for I9192 / f4ktion 1.5.0 Kernel / Philz Touch Recovery
Xperia Mini Pro - Real Xperia Mix r1.7 / Kappa 1.7 Beta Carbon 4.4.2 KitKat / LX Kernel
Xperia X10 Mini Pro - MiniCM7-2.2.1 (GingerBread 2.3.7 / CM7.2) / nAa-14 Kernel

coolprateek.kumar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Figured out that it only works on MTK based devices.

frulex
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme.Ornob View Post
Actually the whole idea of your Thread is Wrong! Man... If U Want #G Service on both Sim, then u must MOD the Phone.apk & Also the Settings.apk and put the 3GModemSwitch Patches in the smali source! What you did is really awkward! This does not make any sense! This wouldnt Work if Your Phone.apk & Settings.apk isnt patched Properly
He's right, you can pull this "trick" through regular menu anyways, but it will not work if the 3G switch is not build in ROM in the first place. For example, I could never get that 3G to switch in stock (MTK) ROM but when I switched to custom Lewa ROM, it has already built-in 3G switch.
The problem is that I would like to get back to stock and I'm trying to find the ways to patch this...

coolprateek.kumar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by frulex View Post
He's right, you can pull this "trick" through regular menu anyways, but it will not work if the 3G switch is not build in ROM in the first place. For example, I could never get that 3G to switch in stock (MTK) ROM but when I switched to custom Lewa ROM, it has already built-in 3G switch.
The problem is that I would like to get back to stock and I'm trying to find the ways to patch this...
I've got my hands on one such phone.apk but reverse engineering it is very hard.

ik8vwa
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I tried to apply what you explained in your post on my ngm forward infinity but I did not understand if I had to click on the final menu and select gsm only. Is that correct? I did it trying both wcdma only and then gsm only but when I exit the menu, the phone still was unable to switch 3g from sim 1 to sim 2. I have a THL w100 and it does it in its default stock rom and I find it is a very useful function. What's wrong with your method? Would yu please explain in a different and simpler way and how the results will be?
Thanks

Tags
enable 3g in both sims, enable 3g in sim 2, switch 3g in both sims, switch 3g in sim 2