Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android Tv Stick Sky Go (UK) Compatibility?

Tip us?
 
ceet12
Old
(Last edited by ceet12; 31st May 2014 at 05:58 AM.) Reason: which forum?
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] Android Tv Stick Sky Go (UK) Compatibility?

Hello,

apologies for posting right after joining.

I've been reading the forum's and was wondering on some input.

I'm interested in a few android TV sticks, and i am wondering if any one has one that successfully works with sky go out of the box?

if so could they recommend the model?, so i would buy this on peoples findings.

a couple of models i have seen are the cx919 and the mk808, but from reading here it looks like they are not compatible with sky go.


any input would be greatly appreciated.


kind regards

Apologies im not sure were this direct question would go in which sub forum?
 
optimus975
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 78
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceet12 View Post
Hello,

apologies for posting right after joining.

I've been reading the forum's and was wondering on some input.

I'm interested in a few android TV sticks, and i am wondering if any one has one that successfully works with sky go out of the box?

if so could they recommend the model?, so i would buy this on peoples findings.

a couple of models i have seen are the cx919 and the mk808, but from reading here it looks like they are not compatible with sky go.


any input would be greatly appreciated.


kind regards

Apologies im not sure were this direct question would go in which sub forum?
Most android sticks come 'ROOTED' out of the box which apps such as Sky go don't like. So unless you can 'unRoot' your device in a way (apparently there are multiple ways to unroot) that would be compatible w/ Sky go you have very limited options.

Cheers, OP
 
ceet12
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus975 View Post
Most android sticks come 'ROOTED' out of the box which apps such as Sky go don't like. So unless you can 'unRoot' your device in a way (apparently there are multiple ways to unroot) that would be compatible w/ Sky go you have very limited options.

Cheers, OP
Thanks again optimus, hopefully if i choose one of the mentioned above there will be a way of doing it, regards

ps, do you own a android tv stick, if so do you recommend or have any preference on what's the best available?

if anyone still has any input on original question would be great full


thanks
 
optimus975
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 78
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceet12 View Post
Thanks again optimus, hopefully if i choose one of the mentioned above there will be a way of doing it, regards

ps, do you own a android tv stick, if so do you recommend or have any preference on what's the best available?

if anyone still has any input on original question would be great full


thanks
any recommendations will depend on how much you want to spend and the form factor u need...I have a MK802III (dual-core, 1 GB Ram, Mali400 GPU)...pretty good for normal usage....

If you can spend upto $120 you can get a quad core, 2 GB stick such as MK802IV which should be almost twice as fast the one I have...

Also the android TV devices comes in two form factors - a TV stick with HDMI male port which goes straight into your TV and the other is a box form where you have a small box with cables flying out to your TV.

I personally prefer the TV sticks which are more compact and save on already cluttered TV backsides..

Cheers,
 
mannulko
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 232
Join Date: Dec 2010
Which is best suited for android tv wireless mouse or air mouse.pls reply as soon as possible

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
 
BahnStormer
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannulko View Post
Which is best suited for android tv wireless mouse or air mouse.pls reply as soon as possible

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
I'm also keen to know which of these work best for Sky Go (and how best to unroot / mask root).
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes