Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Android Tv Stick Sky Go (UK) Compatibility?

OP ceet12

31st May 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

apologies for posting right after joining.

I've been reading the forum's and was wondering on some input.

I'm interested in a few android TV sticks, and i am wondering if any one has one that successfully works with sky go out of the box?

if so could they recommend the model?, so i would buy this on peoples findings.

a couple of models i have seen are the cx919 and the mk808, but from reading here it looks like they are not compatible with sky go.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

Apologies im not sure were this direct question would go in which sub forum?
Last edited by ceet12; 31st May 2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: which forum?
4th June 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceet12

Hello,

apologies for posting right after joining.

I've been reading the forum's and was wondering on some input.

I'm interested in a few android TV sticks, and i am wondering if any one has one that successfully works with sky go out of the box?

if so could they recommend the model?, so i would buy this on peoples findings.

a couple of models i have seen are the cx919 and the mk808, but from reading here it looks like they are not compatible with sky go.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

Apologies im not sure were this direct question would go in which sub forum?

Most android sticks come 'ROOTED' out of the box which apps such as Sky go don't like. So unless you can 'unRoot' your device in a way (apparently there are multiple ways to unroot) that would be compatible w/ Sky go you have very limited options.

Cheers, OP
7th June 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus975

Most android sticks come 'ROOTED' out of the box which apps such as Sky go don't like. So unless you can 'unRoot' your device in a way (apparently there are multiple ways to unroot) that would be compatible w/ Sky go you have very limited options.

Cheers, OP

Thanks again optimus, hopefully if i choose one of the mentioned above there will be a way of doing it, regards

ps, do you own a android tv stick, if so do you recommend or have any preference on what's the best available?

if anyone still has any input on original question would be great full

thanks
9th June 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceet12

Thanks again optimus, hopefully if i choose one of the mentioned above there will be a way of doing it, regards

ps, do you own a android tv stick, if so do you recommend or have any preference on what's the best available?

if anyone still has any input on original question would be great full

thanks

any recommendations will depend on how much you want to spend and the form factor u need...I have a MK802III (dual-core, 1 GB Ram, Mali400 GPU)...pretty good for normal usage....

If you can spend upto $120 you can get a quad core, 2 GB stick such as MK802IV which should be almost twice as fast the one I have...

Also the android TV devices comes in two form factors - a TV stick with HDMI male port which goes straight into your TV and the other is a box form where you have a small box with cables flying out to your TV.

I personally prefer the TV sticks which are more compact and save on already cluttered TV backsides..

Cheers,
9th June 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 14

242 posts
Which is best suited for android tv wireless mouse or air mouse.pls reply as soon as possible

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
11th June 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannulko

Which is best suited for android tv wireless mouse or air mouse.pls reply as soon as possible

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

I'm also keen to know which of these work best for Sky Go (and how best to unroot / mask root).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread