Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME][TWRP] | UPDATE 6/7 | Sense Recovery - LIGHT & DARK versions

Tip us?
 
PhoenixPath
Old
#61  
PhoenixPath's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Prague, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold_this View Post
If you wanna have a go at resizing, it's not too hard. Basically you'll be scaling the XY variables up, and possibly resizing some pngs. You can also start with the default ui.xml to get an idea of dimensions. I'm not sure what the resolution for the Nexus 10 is off the top of my head and I don't personally want to support other resolutions, at least one not ones I don't have devices for. So, I can't tell you exactly the ratio to scale it up, but here are some very useful resources that could likely get you where you want to be:

Official TWRP theming guide
Official TWRP theming reference guide

&

TWRP resizing guide by user NorthLight (not sure of this particular guide as I haven't actually checked it out but it came up high on Google search)

With those resources and Google you should be good to go but feel free to ask if you have questions.
You, Sir, are awesome.

Thanks!

(if I get it working I'll shoot you a copy just in case you want to mess with it. I also noticed that while it works *great* on the N7 for all user-functions, the vibration ... isn't. So it ain't perfect but still *looks* hella better than stock...and that's good enough.)

...I can already tell this is going to be dangerous for me. Once I start messing with stuff like this I tend to get a little obsessive (and by "a little" I mean "completely").
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |
 
Behold_this
Old
(Last edited by Behold_this; 11th June 2014 at 08:33 PM.)
#62  
Behold_this's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,558
Posts: 2,170
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixPath View Post
You, Sir, are awesome.

Thanks!

(if I get it working I'll shoot you a copy just in case you want to mess with it. I also noticed that while it works *great* on the N7 for all user-functions, the vibration ... isn't. So it ain't perfect but still *looks* hella better than stock...and that's good enough.)

...I can already tell this is going to be dangerous for me. Once I start messing with stuff like this I tend to get a little obsessive (and by "a little" I mean "completely").
Did you try turning the vibration up in the settings menu?

If I'm not mistaken, the default is turned all the way down. Go to:

settings>"vibration feedback" (if using dark theme) or "vibrate" (if using light theme)>adjust sliders.

I just want to be sure cuz vibrate is working fine on my device here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Behold_this For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PhoenixPath
Old
#63  
PhoenixPath's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Prague, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold_this View Post
Did you try turning the vibration up in the settings menu? If I'm not mistaken ,the default is turned all the way down. Go to settings>vibration feedback (if using dark)/vibration (if using light)>adjust sliders.

I just want to be sure cuz vibrate is working fine on my device here.
I may have worded that badly. Vibration works great on my M8 and M7 HTC One devices I have (have 'em set to 30 for all). I was talking about how well it works on the Nexus 7 (n7). Everything works but the vibration in my testing so far, which is just fine. Still looks so very much better than stock.

...I can live without the vibration. Really. Don't bother with it; I know the n7 is unsupported - I was just letting you know how well it actually does work.

Thanks again!
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |
 
Behold_this
Old
(Last edited by Behold_this; 11th June 2014 at 08:46 PM.)
#64  
Behold_this's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,558
Posts: 2,170
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixPath View Post
I may have worded that badly. Vibration works great on my M8 and M7 HTC One devices I have (have 'em set to 30 for all). I was talking about how well it works on the Nexus 7 (n7). Everything works but the vibration in my testing so far, which is just fine. Still looks so very much better than stock.

...I can live without the vibration. Really. Don't bother with it; I know the n7 is unsupported - I was just letting you know how well it actually does work.

Thanks again!
Well, issues with the nexus 7 are a bit off topic, but you've piqued my curiosity. Does the vibration work with the stock theme running, meaning no theme applied at all? There's really nothing in a theme that would kill vibration if it was working before. That's really controlled by the recovery image itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Behold_this For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PhoenixPath
Old
(Last edited by PhoenixPath; 11th June 2014 at 08:59 PM.) Reason: StupidStupidStupidStupid...
#65  
PhoenixPath's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Prague, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold_this View Post
Well, issues with the nexus 7 are a bit off topic, but you've piqued my curiosity. Does the vibration work with the stock theme running, meaning no theme applied at all? There's really nothing in a theme that would kill vibration if it was working before. That's really controlled by the recovery image itself.
Well damn.

I swear it was working. Honestly. That's bizarre. (I just renamed the ui.zip and rebooted into recovery - no vibration).

Now I'm concerned. Time to flash back to stock and see if I don't have me a hardware issue going on here.


Ech...*sigh*

Sorry for making you wonder about that one. My bad.

Edit: Google search is my friend. Apparently it *never* had vibration. I'm an idiot. Yay!
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes