Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] REMOVE CLEAN SPRINT GS5 AS BLACKLISTED FROM BEING ACTIVATED BY MVNOs?? READ ME!

OP morgan.rolph

10th June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
So I have a BRAND NEW, CLEAN, IMEI for this Sprint GS5. It is NOT stolen, or anything in that nature.

I have service with a company called i-wireless that runs off of Sprints 4G Network. Just type "i wireless sprint network byod" into Google to find this, Im new so it wont let me post actual links until i have done 10 posts, sorry <<

When I got the Sprint GS5, my every intention was to activate it on my i-wireless account with their "Bring Your Own Sprint Device (also known as BYOSD)" Program.

Well, come to find out, Sprint actually BLACKLISTS their newly launched devices from being activated by their MVNOs (mobile virtual network operator) such as i-wireless, FOR 1 YEAR FROM THE LAUNCH DATE OF THE DEVICE!!!!! Very Very Frustrating! To find it in google type " prepaidphonenews dot com banned phones tracking sprints blacklist:" sorry not being able to provide actual link.

I do not wish to do anything illegal. My question is:

My device is currently blacklisted from being activated by Sprints MVNOs, is there anyway to remove my device from this blacklist?
I'm not sure if unlocking my device would remove it from the blacklist, or what I can do to remove it manually. My device is brand spanking new, never once been activated on a sprint account or anything.
I am open to any ideas, other than changing my IMEI because, well, its a clean IMEI. Its blacklisted cause its fresh in the market, to put it simply.
I am kinda tech savvy when it come to phones & computers, but honestly I have been on Google non stop for days only to be left hopeless on finding any sort of resolution.

Any Help in the right direction would be so greatly appreciated, please & thank you!

Morgan
11th June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 39

334 posts
More
There's nothing you can do.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 G900P running R.D.D.T Mystery Build v1.1 using Mystery Build Stock Kernal
The Following User Says Thank You to DistrictDigital For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan.rolph

So I have a BRAND NEW, CLEAN, IMEI for this Sprint GS5. It is NOT stolen, or anything in that nature.

I have service with a company called i-wireless that runs off of Sprints 4G Network. Just type "i wireless sprint network byod" into Google to find this, Im new so it wont let me post actual links until i have done 10 posts, sorry <<

When I got the Sprint GS5, my every intention was to activate it on my i-wireless account with their "Bring Your Own Sprint Device (also known as BYOSD)" Program.

Well, come to find out, Sprint actually BLACKLISTS their newly launched devices from being activated by their MVNOs (mobile virtual network operator) such as i-wireless, FOR 1 YEAR FROM THE LAUNCH DATE OF THE DEVICE!!!!! Very Very Frustrating! To find it in google type " prepaidphonenews dot com banned phones tracking sprints blacklist:" sorry not being able to provide actual link.

My device is currently blacklisted from being activated by Sprints MVNOs, is there anyway to remove my device from this blacklist?
I'm not sure if unlocking my device would remove it from the blacklist, or what I can do to remove it manually. My device is brand spanking new, never once been activated on a sprint account or anything.
I am open to any ideas, other than changing my IMEI because, well, its a clean IMEI. Its blacklisted cause its fresh in the market, to put it simply.
I am kinda tech savvy when it come to phones & computers, but honestly I have been on Google non stop for days only to be left hopeless on finding any sort of resolution.

Any Help in the right direction would be so greatly appreciated, please & thank you!

Morgan

My guess if Samsung or Sprint will not do anything then there is nothing you can really do...Could always try something other than i-wireless not sure what other places that will allow you to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Last edited by mike5026; 11th June 2014 at 06:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike5026 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan.rolph

Morgan

This so called "Blacklist" is just a list of current IMEI/MEID numbers of current new sprint devices. Theres no unlocking, or anything you can do. Not legally anyhow, And from what ive heard the illegal way some used to use, now renders the S5 to have NO SIGNAL after doing so, so that would seem to be pointless as well lol. All you can do is either sell the device and recoup your money, or wait the year. I was in this boat when the Evo 4g came out and i wanted to use it on Boost lol. Sucks, but it is what it is. IF they didnt do thtis, people would just buy up the phones and use them on prepaid carriers in most cases causing sprint to lose revenue in the long run.

Good luck, sorry you found yourself in this situation as many (including myself) have.
The Following User Says Thank You to anderd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread