[Q&A] JasmineROM Discussions [Chat Room]

Which Android OS do you prefer?

• Total voters
Search This thread

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
great idea!!!

now we can talk reception, themes, etc.. without stealing from your rom thread.

thanks again

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
OK i have the replacement phone and am using it and it clearly gets a better signal on MJE as it arrived. where i am using it and after upgrading to 4.2.2 i would get No Mobile Network and that doesnt seem to be happening or show any signs of happening by signal strength.

what if anything should i test/try before root and upgrade?

sidenote: root was needed asap as the N3 tried to download KK almost every 2 minutes and had to freeze SDM just to use it without turning off data.

Last edited:

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
Did you get your replacement phone in? How's the reception?

replacement fixed my connection problems even after upgrading to 1.3.3 and NC4 modem. bad news is they sent me a unit with a dent in the side metal frame and so gonna have to do this all over again :(

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
replacement fixed my connection problems even after upgrading to 1.3.3 and NC4 modem. bad news is they sent me a unit with a dent in the side metal frame and so gonna have to do this all over again :(

Glad to know your problem has been fixed. It isn't that bad; you can upgrade directly to 1.4 ;) uploading to XDA with several failures :mad: will upload to Mega, more reliable & faster :)

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
Glad to know your problem has been fixed. It isn't that bad; you can upgrade directly to 1.4 ;) uploading to XDA with several failures :mad: will upload to Mega, more reliable & faster :)

well i am having them send me another one since i am sending them a perfect condition until and they should send me back the same.

on a side note did you see this i posted? it of course went away when i went to Jasmine but was interesting.

also you probably already saw this but i posted about the root found for S5 which means probably hitting us soon for Note 3. surprised that thread didnt take off.

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
did you see this i posted? it of course went away when i went to Jasmine but was interesting.

This app comes with Kingo Root :D after copying the SuperSU binary, the device reboots & installs this app. I always disconnect it after reboot to avoid installing it.

also you probably already saw this but i posted about the root found for S5 which means probably hitting us soon for Note 3. surprised that thread didnt take off.

will look into this when released...

Reactions: RK KINGKONG

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
This app comes with Kingo Root :D after copying the SuperSU binary, the device reboots & installs this app. I always disconnect it after reboot to avoid installing it.

will look into this when released...

i have used Kingo but never seen that. haha i thought Sammy did it

thanks

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Only issue I have seen on 1.4 is the settings keep fc'ing in the browser . Also , white lettering in the browser menu makes it difficult to read . Otherwise , it's been running great !

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
Only issue I have seen on 1.4 is the settings keep fc'ing in the browser . Also , white lettering in the browser menu makes it difficult to read . Otherwise , it's been running great !

It's a known issue with S5 browser; that's why I left it harder to read. Check Post #2 for more details. You can handle it, revert to Note 3 browser or use the builtin Chrome, which is better for me. Some S5 apps require S5 firmware & so, they're working perfect on v2.0.

Reactions: mjh68

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
It's a known issue with S5 browser; that's why I left it harder to read. Check Post #2 for more details. You can handle it, revert to Note 3 browser or use the builtin Chrome, which is better for me. Some S5 apps require S5 firmware & so, they're working perfect on v2.0.

it's not that big of a deal, I can deal with it [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bigillz

Jun 30, 2010

You do realize you should be running the MJE modem on 1.3.3/1.4, right? You upgrade to NC2 or the full MJE upgrade process with JasmineROM 1.4, then you go back into download and flash the MJE modem. Tons of people here have had to do that - I get much better reception on MJE modem. There are no issues with running MJE modem on NC2/NC4 firmware (stock, Baja, Jasmine, Hyperdrive, etc)

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
You do realize you should be running the MJE modem on 1.3.3/1.4, right? You upgrade to NC2 or the full MJE upgrade process with JasmineROM 1.4, then you go back into download and flash the MJE modem. Tons of people here have had to do that - I get much better reception on MJE modem. There are no issues with running MJE modem on NC2/NC4 firmware (stock, Baja, Jasmine, Hyperdrive, etc)

That was my plan initially but right now on the NC4 firmware my reception and speeds are as good as they have ever been since release date so unless that changes I am staying right here

I appreciate the info

bigillz

Jun 30, 2010
That was my plan initially but right now on the NC4 firmware my reception and speeds are as good as they have ever been since release date so unless that changes I am staying right here

I appreciate the info
Sure, just pointing out that firmware and modem are unrelated. I run MJE modem on NC4 firmware. It takes literally about 2 minutes to flash different modems, so you may still want to try MJE and NC2 modems on your current firmware to see how they compare to NC4 modem.

joeyx2

Sep 30, 2010
Loaded up 1.4 so far with no problems so far. One question I do have is how do I get rid of that pesky WiFi connected notification? I tried wanam but it still seems to show up. I don't want it to even show up the first time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

JBHawaii

Mar 30, 2012
Honolulu
JasmineROM 1.5 Beta NC4

JasmineROM 1.5 Beta 2 NC4

Device: Verizon Galaxy Note 3
Current Base: Stock OTA KK 4.4.2 (Rooted) NC4
Recovery: Safestrap 3.72

Initial Findings:
*device does not boot (beta 2)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JasmineROM v2.x Deep Sleep Fixed

Deep sleep & battery issues on JasmineROM v2.x have been fixed. Check this post for more details!
    JasmineROM Support

The rating of this thread has been decreased from 5/5 to 4.6/5. It seems that haters are contributing with negative votes while supporters are inactive.

Please show your support to JasmineROM by adding 5-star rating & review, if you want the develoment here to continue. It doesn't make sense to invest my time in a downrated development.

Thank you!
    This is the place for Q&A, general discussions, and post-installation chat about JasmineROM. Please keep your personal issues that are not related to the development, such as themes and other stuff, here.
    Jasmine 2.0 battery hog

Greetings All,

After playing with 2.0 for about a week I found this bit of information after hooking my phone to an oscilloscope and watching the timing on the CPU. I found out that SetCPU will NOT let the CPU shut down hardly at all. Didn't matter what settings I tried.
    If you change I/O scheduler or governor in any other app, SetCPU will "fight" with that app to regain control and just run the CPU wide open all the time. That is one reason, I believe, that the phone has been getting so hot and why the battery goes down so fast.
    After un-installing SetCPU my battery life is back again like 1.7 or 1.8. Now this ROM is really sweet.
    Hope this helps.

Take care,

OotR

Oh yeah.... FYI... I have found that getting rid of ALL others except for ROM Toolbox Pro and then using it to set the I/O scheduler to Noop and the Governor to interactive has been my best balance of speed and battery life. I did all these tests on a bench with several fun machines to play with that measured and recorded battery usage, CPU use (per core), timing function of the relative I/O through the chip on a 'scope.
    There was an issue in my mixer configuration which makes the minimum/maximum volume levels unreasonable. so, you might get louder volume at 50% not 100%. V4A may mitigate the effect. Anyway, this together with the volume panel glitch have been already fixed on 2.2.1.

The only issue I'm having so far is with ISIS wallet it won't reload. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and still wont reload. I have super cleaned per Hsbadr instructions and even went back to stock and reflashed and still wont reload. I dont know what else to do.:confused:

This might be partitions problem, if noone else reported the same issue. To fix, flash stock tar & test ISIS on it; then, flash JasmineROM 2.2.1 (no need to test on 2.2; I'll try to update you very soon).