Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to root 4.4.2 - odin won't flash any recovery

Tip us?

QuantumPSI
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Trying to root 4.4.2 - odin won't flash any recovery

So I was on rooted 4.1.1 and then I think I got hit with the heartbleed. I THOUGHT I was on 4.1.2 but then I remembered that I downgraded. Anyway, I flashed 4.3 completely stock no root and then did the OTA update to 4.4.2. Now I'm trying to restore root.

For some odd reason, odin will not flash any sort of recovery. Any ideas?

QuantumPSI
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hmm, was able to flash CF auto root... I think it just didn't like .tar file. No explanation why. Either way, gonna try to get twrp going.

For anyone who isn't able to flash a custom recovery, try the chainfire method if you haven't already.

lilila
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumPSI View Post
Hmm, was able to flash CF auto root... I think it just didn't like .tar file. No explanation why. Either way, gonna try to get twrp going.

For anyone who isn't able to flash a custom recovery, try the chainfire method if you haven't already.
So you were able to root the stock 4.4.2 on your L900 via odin- CF auto root, and got your custom recovery too?

ItsLasher
Old
Thanks Meter 109
I had the same issue and CF auto root was the only way for me as well. Once CF was done I updated the recovery and its all good.
The Following User Says Thank You to ItsLasher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpisini
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Same here I had to flash CF auto root then philz_touch_6.07.9-l900.tar.md5 installed no issues. I used Odin 3.07 as .09 looked different from all the screen shots I saw. It may be fine but I didn't want to risk it.
Also want to say thanks to everyone on XDA. Second day with the Note and thanks to everyone here had no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpisini For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

QuantumPSI
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilila View Post
So you were able to root the stock 4.4.2 on your L900 via odin- CF auto root, and got your custom recovery too?
Yes, that is precisely correct. Once I used CF, I simply used goo.manager to flash twrp. Had to do the SD card write fix, but beyond that, I'm good to go.

Completely bone stock + root.

I love all the stuff people do with ROMs, but I just don't have the time (or patience) to keep up with it all and I really just need some specific root functionality.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to QuantumPSI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xopher.hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Just curious what is the SD card write fix for?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ItsLasher
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by xopher.hunter View Post
Just curious what is the SD card write fix for?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Google set 4.4.xx up so you can't transfer files from internal storage to external. The patch fixes that.
Basically they want SD cards gone in favor of their cloud storage.

Chaz187
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher View Post
Google set 4.4.xx up so you can't transfer files from internal storage to external. The patch fixes that.
Basically they want SD cards gone in favor of their cloud storage.
I have no issues transfer from internal to external on stock rooted 4.4.2.... works great....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk