Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,880 Members 50,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

update to 4.4.3

Tip us?

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default update to 4.4.3

hey there everyone. I want to update to 4.4.3 but I am rooted, have custom recovery and have a custom kernel. I have a backup of device when I wasn't rooted (rooted after boot on cwmr) what do I need to do to upgrade to 4.4.3 now?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

secretkloud
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Restore stock kernel. Restore all other modifications to /system. Uninstall Xposed (after disabling any modules). Disable superuser. Let your phone download the update, then copy it out of /cache to the sdcard. Reboot to your custom recovery and flash the update. If it doesn't go smoothly, note and post the error listed...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secretkloud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretkloud View Post
Restore stock kernel. Restore all other modifications to /system. Uninstall Xposed (after disabling any modules). Disable superuser. Let your phone download the update, then copy it out of /cache to the sdcard. Reboot to your custom recovery and flash the update. If it doesn't go smoothly, note and post the error listed...
I don't know how to restore stock kernel. I only changed 2 font files in the font folder (is adaway a part of modification to the /system ?) I don't have xposed. disable SuperSU how do I do that ? so I download the 4.4.3 file and I don't install just take out of /cache and put it into root of SD card ? then I just flash. in which folder will the update appear in ?

chirag03
Old
Thanks Meter 15
hi pls help
i hv rooted moto g xt1033(dual sim-india) with custom recovery but i am on stock kernel and rom??
so what i supposed to do to receive update as i am not getting...

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag03 View Post
hi pls help
i hv rooted moto g xt1033(dual sim-india) with custom recovery but i am on stock kernel and rom??
so what i supposed to do to receive update as i am not getting...
the update is only for all Global GSM and US GSM models purchased online in the United States. at the moment. maybe soon they will bring out 4.4.3 for dual sim

bublz654
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
to update to 4.4.3 will I flash backup I did before I rooted and flash stock recovery ?