Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

update to 4.4.3

OP bublz654

8th June 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

565 posts
hey there everyone. I want to update to 4.4.3 but I am rooted, have custom recovery and have a custom kernel. I have a backup of device when I wasn't rooted (rooted after boot on cwmr) what do I need to do to upgrade to 4.4.3 now?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

44 posts
More
Restore stock kernel. Restore all other modifications to /system. Uninstall Xposed (after disabling any modules). Disable superuser. Let your phone download the update, then copy it out of /cache to the sdcard. Reboot to your custom recovery and flash the update. If it doesn't go smoothly, note and post the error listed...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secretkloud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

565 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretkloud

Restore stock kernel. Restore all other modifications to /system. Uninstall Xposed (after disabling any modules). Disable superuser. Let your phone download the update, then copy it out of /cache to the sdcard. Reboot to your custom recovery and flash the update. If it doesn't go smoothly, note and post the error listed...

I don't know how to restore stock kernel. I only changed 2 font files in the font folder (is adaway a part of modification to the /system ?) I don't have xposed. disable SuperSU how do I do that ? so I download the 4.4.3 file and I don't install just take out of /cache and put it into root of SD card ? then I just flash. in which folder will the update appear in ?

8th June 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 15

160 posts
hi pls help
i hv rooted moto g xt1033(dual sim-india) with custom recovery but i am on stock kernel and rom??
so what i supposed to do to receive update as i am not getting...
8th June 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

565 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag03

hi pls help
i hv rooted moto g xt1033(dual sim-india) with custom recovery but i am on stock kernel and rom??
so what i supposed to do to receive update as i am not getting...

the update is only for all Global GSM and US GSM models purchased online in the United States. at the moment. maybe soon they will bring out 4.4.3 for dual sim

11th June 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

565 posts
to update to 4.4.3 will I flash backup I did before I rooted and flash stock recovery ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread