Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rick's ROM KitKat 4.4.2 Build 8 {5-19-2014} Final Build

Tip us?

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by drecu View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I am on build 7. I like the s5 look so I guess it comes with a price. I may jump to build 8 though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No problem, I did get the notification icons matching in build 8 and if you want the S5 settings look without the build.prop edit problems you can try xposed and a s5 theme.

sfld
Old
Thanks Meter 48
build 8 running smooth
Phone:Galaxy Note 3 Verizon
The Following User Says Thank You to sfld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wroder84
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Just wanted to say Hi! What are you up to?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wroder84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wendemixda
Old
Thanks Meter 52
@Misterxtc. Just wanted to thank you again for this Rom. I came back to my backup after wandering off to other well-known ROMs and I think your Rom is a keeper.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendemixda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by wroder84 View Post
Just wanted to say Hi! What are you up to?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Hey @wroder84 sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked this thread in a while. I ended up going back to a S5 and sold the Note 3. I probably should have kept the Note but I didn't. The better camera and slightly smaller size drew me to the S5 but the no root kinda stinks a bit. It's not horrible but I know it would be tons better with root. I'm past my 14 day return period so I'll have to stick with the S5 for a while. For the most part I'm happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendemixda View Post
@Misterxtc. Just wanted to thank you again for this Rom. I came back to my backup after wandering off to other well-known ROMs and I think your Rom is a keeper.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
I'm glad you like the ROM, I see some new ones popping up and they look nice. It surprises me that my ROM is still being used with all the other great ones out there. Unfortunately I won't be updating it anymore unless I some how get another N3 that's rootable. Honestly I don't see that happening anytime soon for me. Enjoy the ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drecu
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quick question I'm on build 8 and I can't find the option to schedule messages in the s5 text messaging app

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app