Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bye bye E7.

Tip us?
 
berz
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 376
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Default bye bye E7.

Got tired of waiting for this ****ty OEM to release sources not upgrade their phones.
Good bye Gionee first and last phone.
Sold the phone and got a G2.

Thanks a lot for all the dev's who tried their best to get root and other little dev this phone has which a cheap ass OEM like Gionee Doesn't Deserve.
 
1manshow
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 98
Join Date: Jun 2009
How much you got for your used E7? Where did you sold it if you don't mind sharing?
 
berz
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 376
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manshow View Post
How much you got for your used E7? Where did you sold it if you don't mind sharing?
I put it up for sale on olx for 22 got 21 for it.
 
Ravikirancg
Old
(Last edited by Ravikirancg; 10th June 2014 at 09:15 PM.)
#4  
Ravikirancg's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,023
Posts: 692
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by berz View Post
I put it up for sale on olx for 22 got 21 for it.
16 gb version I assume? And how much had you paid for it before? 24? And going to g2 is a downgrade right? I mean it was released at the time of n4..

Sent from my E7
 
berz
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 15th June 2014 at 01:19 AM.)
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 376
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
32 gig i got it for 26.5 sold it for 21 since i got G2 for 22.
I don't see it being a downgrade at all.
It has equally good screen
Much MUCH better battery life
Arguably better Camera ( please don't mention front facing cam i never use im not a narcissistic chick )
Ram i honestly never saw the need for 3GB
Ergonomically G2 destroys the E7
Hi Fi Audio ( I Acutally listen to a lot of music the sole reason i own a Shure pair of ear buds )
Both run same CPU
MOST IMPORTANTLY developer support G2 has plenty Gionee sucks [mod edit: Please watch your language] in this department they dont even releases sources.
It will be july or august before kit kat is out and this month end google will most probably introduce new version of android which u can forget about on E7. for atleast anotehr 8 to 10 months.

I come from Nexus S , G Nex, Nexus 4 and instead of 5 i bought Gionee thinking its hardware is great and OEM seems decent i can atleast get dev support sadly i was wrong.
 
DeceptiPrime
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 15th June 2014 at 01:20 AM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 190
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by berz View Post
32 gig i got it for 26.5 sold it for 21 since i got G2 for 22.
I don't see it being a downgrade at all.
It has equally good screen
Much MUCH better battery life
Arguably better Camera ( please don't mention front facing cam i never use im not a narcissistic chick )
Ram i honestly never saw the need for 3GB
Ergonomically G2 destroys the E7
Hi Fi Audio ( I Acutally listen to a lot of music the sole reason i own a Shure pair of ear buds )
Both run same CPU
MOST IMPORTANTLY developer support G2 has plenty Gionee sucks [mod edit: Please watch your language] in this department they dont even releases sources.
It will be july or august before kit kat is out and this month end google will most probably introduce new version of android which u can forget about on E7. for atleast anotehr 8 to 10 months.

I come from Nexus S , G Nex, Nexus 4 and instead of 5 i bought Gionee thinking its hardware is great and OEM seems decent i can atleast get dev support sadly i was wrong.
How did you get g2 for 22 ? i assume factory unlocked imported version right ? without bill ? because g2 is still selling for 36k
 
berz
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 376
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime View Post
How did you get g2 for 22 ? i assume factory unlocked imported version right ? without bill ? because g2 is still selling for 36k
yep
 
Naddict
Old
#8  
Naddict's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13,806
Posts: 8,467
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 28.2S, 92.1W
Good bye...

And use of masking techniques to bypass the profanity filter is also not allowed here...

Troll style threads are for trolls. So thread closed.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes