Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

acer switch 10 or galaxy note 10.1

Tip us?

rkoforever90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default acer switch 10 or galaxy note 10.1

iam getting a voucher from my university to purchase a laptop/tablet. only good tablet available is switch 10 or samsung note 10.1 2014. i was wondering which makes better sense to purchase an expensive android tablet or a slightly cheaper windows 8 tablet .
thanks

warboat
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoforever90 View Post
iam getting a voucher from my university to purchase a laptop/tablet. only good tablet available is switch 10 or samsung note 10.1 2014. i was wondering which makes better sense to purchase an expensive android tablet or a slightly cheaper windows 8 tablet .
thanks
I would get the Note 10 and setup a VM on laptop or desktop at home and remote desktop to it for when I absolutely need access to windows wares.
I find the Note 10 a better device for portable use most of the time so I can live with a remote desktop compromise for the odds times I really need windows.
If you need windows ALL THE TIME then you better go with windows 8 device.
I also have win8 tablet (Asus Vivotab ME400C) and Samsung Ativ 700T i5 convertible with pen.
The Note 10 has better screen, better battery and better pen than my other tablets.
It is also more portable and that's going to be important if you're lugging it around all day.
Also, using micro USB to charge is very convenient as I can use any phone charger if I need to, even tho it takes FOREVER!

patchseven
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Have you considered the HP elitepad 1000?

Windows 8.1 64 bit, active stylus, 1200p screen, slim and light.

If I didnt have my note 10.1 that would be the tab I would be looking at..... even giving serious thought to a switch at the moment, sometimes android's little limitations start to outweigh the wealth of available apps and useful features. Things like clunky file management, mobile browsers and web page rendering issues, quick edits of office products, lack of flash.....

warboat
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchseven View Post

If I didnt have my note 10.1 that would be the tab I would be looking at..... even giving serious thought to a switch at the moment, sometimes android's little limitations start to outweigh the wealth of available apps and useful features. Things like clunky file management, mobile browsers and web page rendering issues, quick edits of office products, lack of flash.....
The bit that irks me about the HP Elitepad 1000 is the proprietary port. I don't feel like having another collection of bits.
They should have at least built in a full USB port so you could make do without the dock.
I do like the 4gb RAM tho, since the bay trail is really a 64bit quad core CPU.
Lack of GPS is a dissapointment.

rkoforever90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchseven View Post

its not available in the website. http://www.studentstore.co.uk/getech...47EK-002).aspx

Cirno5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looking at the company HP itself I'd avoid it.
No surface available?

I'd pick the Note anyway