Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]autovoice, tasker, autoremote + tasgear = basic voice search without tethering?

Tip us?

tooandrew
Old
(Last edited by tooandrew; 11th June 2014 at 11:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q]autovoice, tasker, autoremote + tasgear = basic voice search without tethering?

Hello folks, I'm sure there are some folks in here with some fancy tasker setups in here. I need your help. I want to set up basic voice search capabilities on my gear without tethering. Not web pages, obviously, but questions like 'how many ounces in a pound' or 'how tall the Eiffel tower', that Google speaks answers back.

I've set up autovoice and auto remote on the gear. Auto contacts too. I've managed to send voice search commands from gear to phone, and have the phone search what I requested on the gear.

Now, how do I capture the search results as a variable? I can't seem figure that out, and that is the last thing standing between me and success, after that, it's cake
IF I HELPED YOU, HIT THANKS
My Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted and running Wicked X v7.3, undervolted and overclocked, powered by ktoonsez's KT747 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Gear, rooted and running Null Rom 23, undervolted 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, rooted and running CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 Rev1.8, powered by Civato's SphereKat-Rev2.2 kernel 4.4.2
Dell Inspiron Duo running android x86 4.3

tooandrew
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
nobody has any ideas? maybe there is a way to capture what google search sends to the text-to-speech engine. or are voice results handled natively by search?
IF I HELPED YOU, HIT THANKS
My Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted and running Wicked X v7.3, undervolted and overclocked, powered by ktoonsez's KT747 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Gear, rooted and running Null Rom 23, undervolted 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, rooted and running CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 Rev1.8, powered by Civato's SphereKat-Rev2.2 kernel 4.4.2
Dell Inspiron Duo running android x86 4.3