Error 492 when installing or updating an application

OP SudoHalt

10th June 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

74 posts
Hello,

I just installed CM7.2 RC4 on S5830i, and Gapps. Whenever I try to download a new application or update an already installed application, I get the following message "[Application Name] could not be downloaded due to an error (492)".

I tried the following to try to solve the issue but in vain:
  • Clearing data and cache of market and Google Services Framework
  • Wiping cache and dalvik cache
  • Formatting SD card (anyway apps were set to be installed on internal storage)
  • Factory Reset
  • Factory Reset then Wipe /cache, /system and /data and then reinstalling the ROM and Gapps.

What can be done about it?
Last edited by SudoHalt; 10th June 2014 at 08:05 PM.
11th June 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 131

430 posts
More
This is a kernel error where it fails to mount /cache properly. It is not the ROM issue.

One solution posted by @marcussmith2626 on the SGY forums is to make a Nandroid backup from CWM first, then do an advanced restore of the cache from there. It should work, and has worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to NightRaven49 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 360

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudoHalt

Hello,

I just installed CM7.2 RC4 on S5830i, and Gapps. Whenever I try to download a new application or update an already installed application, I get the following message "[Application Name] could not be downloaded due to an error (492)".

• Factory Reset
  • Factory Reset then Wipe /cache, /system and /data and then reinstalling the ROM and Gapps.

I have encountered similar problem and I solved it by using an app called "Cache Download to SD (root)". This app enables cache on the SD Card so that you will never get the Error 492 ever again. Here is the link,

Cache Download to SD (root)

Hope I Helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 145

669 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,

• Factory Reset

Go to this link and flash that zip by lopicl.0 your problem will be solved ..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531392

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

74 posts
Thank you
Thank you, problem is now solved. BTW which of these solutions work on a phone other than the S5830i?

This is something that might be a bit offtopic, but I am interested to know more about the cause of this issue, where can I do that?
11th June 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 360

956 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you, problem is now solved. BTW which of these solutions work on a phone other than the S5830i?

This is something that might be a bit offtopic, but I am interested to know more about the cause of this issue, where can I do that?

Try the app I specified earlier. It works on any phone that runs on Android 2.2 & up and as long as it is rooted. One of the cause for this is as @NightRaven49 mentioned, the failure of the kernel to mount /cache partition properly. Another cause which I personally encountered is that some roms set the default cache size to 25 MB. So any app download greater than this size will give you this error. In general, this is mostly related with cache partition. Hope I Helped
11th June 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag *MUMBAI*

669 posts
More
Quote:

How u solved?

11th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #8  
Flag Navsari
Thanks Meter: 17

126 posts
More
Use Cache Fixer app.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app
11th June 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #9  
Flag *MUMBAI*

669 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxit k. Tandel

Use Cache Fixer app.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app

He already solved his problem

12th June 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #10  
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 131

430 posts
More
Quote:

I refer you to my post, because it's exactly what's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven49

This is a kernel error where it fails to mount /cache properly. It is not the ROM issue.

One solution posted by @marcussmith2626 on the SGY forums is to make a Nandroid backup from CWM first, then do an advanced restore of the cache from there. It should work, and has worked for me.

My phone is a TassVe (GT-S5570I) and this method also works with Totoro (GT-S5360).

The Following User Says Thank You to NightRaven49 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread