[Q] Custom kernal that has knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode?

Search This thread

Kaczman

Aug 21, 2006
cleveland
Hi all, is there a custom kernel that has Knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode by default? I cant seem to find one, and I need it to use my S5 with AppRadio2.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Hi all, is there a custom kernel that has Knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode by default? I cant seem to find one, and I need it to use my S5 with AppRadio2.

No kernel can fully disable knox. In the S5 it is a hardware function that is built in. As of this time there is no way to root or modify the system without tripping knox. All the custom roms do have knox fully disabled in the system and removed though.

Kaczman

Aug 21, 2006
cleveland
No kernel can fully disable knox. In the S5 it is a hardware function that is built in. As of this time there is no way to root or modify the system without tripping knox. All the custom roms do have knox fully disabled in the system and removed though.

I am using Project Infinity and it appears that even with Wanam Xposed, i still cant disable SEAndroid or disable knox notifications, even when enabled. Specifically I'm trying to allow the device to send bluetooth commands to my appradio.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I am using Project Infinity and it appears that even with Wanam Xposed, i still cant disable SEAndroid or disable knox notifications, even when enabled. Specifically I'm trying to allow the device to send bluetooth commands to my appradio.

The superSU app should automatically disable knox when you launch it. (you have to click the yes button)

koby4u

Jul 7, 2014
...Anyhow, I flashed the AEL kernal with SELinux set to permissive, and everything works great now.

PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE NOOBIE!

Can someone please help me to install AEL Kernal? So I can set SELinux to permissive and get my Samsung s5 and arliberator and appradio 2 working together with touch screen capabilities.

WILLING TO DONATE $ for anyone that can get this working for me.
Am using a S5 SM-G900F

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE NOOBIE!

Can someone please help me to install AEL Kernal? So I can set SELinux to permissive and get my Samsung s5 and arliberator and appradio 2 working together with touch screen capabilities.

WILLING TO DONATE $ for anyone that can get this working for me.
Am using a S5 SM-G900F

What was the result of this? I am trying to get the same thing done for my Verizon S5!

Also willing to donate $20 to the person who helps me get this done!

Have tried the following
The app in the app store
setenforce 0
init.d script

Phone is rooted and currently on NE9 running jasmine rom.

trying to flash a custom kernel but i think im doing it wrong, kernel version isnt chaning... not seeing much kernel support for the G900V either...

Thanks,

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
I am also willing to donate for a step by step way to get my tmobile s5 and arliberator and appradio 2. Glad I found this thread thought I was only one with problem. I have not done any rooting yet and scared to do it. Love stock rom if i can keep it that would be awesome. Again willing to donate...

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
I'm willing to donate before I get help if that helps... I need to root without triping Knox or have a app that sets it to 0 like triangle way did with my s3 and my Samsung note 10.1 2012. Thanks again

fattyspecial

Sep 12, 2012
Any help with this yet?

Unfortunately it's not looking very likely that a knox counter reset will be found anytime soon. I've been scouring the internets for a solution as well.

Does anyone know if you can screen mirror with the AEL kernel and SELinux set to permissive on the S5?

Last edited:

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
Looking for that info as well

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

...Anyhow, I flashed the AEL kernal with SELinux set to permissive, and everything works great now.

Where can I get that kernal? I want to use my s5 with my app radio 2

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RockOnRay

Nov 19, 2014

Glad to hear you made it work! :)

We know you must be very busy but if you could give us 5 mins that would be great! We are all wondering what did you do to make it work. We have few questions.

1. Which Custom Rom are you using? Could you please share that Custom Rom with us with the LINK ?
2. You said you flashed the AEL Kernel. How do you flash a Kernel? And where can we find it?

Also, did you face any issue after installing the custom rom and AEL Kernel? Please let us know. :)

fattyspecial

Sep 12, 2012
Glad to hear you made it work! :)

We know you must be very busy but if you could give us 5 mins that would be great! We are all wondering what did you do to make it work. We have few questions.

1. Which Custom Rom are you using? Could you please share that Custom Rom with us with the LINK ?
2. You said you flashed the AEL Kernel. How do you flash a Kernel? And where can we find it?

Also, did you face any issue after installing the custom rom and AEL Kernel? Please let us know. :)

You should probably do some research on the forums on flashing a custom kernel. There's lots of info out there and I wouldn't recommend wading into those waters until you thoroughly acquaint yourself with the risks and benefits of making such modifications. In brief though you generally flash a kernel with a similar method you use to flashing a custom rom. Like I said be careful though. If you flash the wrong kernel for your device you might end up with a paperweight composed of equal parts plastic glass and aluminum.

With regards to this whole selinux permissive issue: I have been emailing back and forth with the developer of appradio unchained reloaded (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mars.area51.arunchained&hl=en) and he told me he is trying to design a work-around for the selinux permissive requirement. It sounds like it's still in the early stages but we can hope.

RockOnRay

Nov 19, 2014
Galaxy S5 G900T Custom Rom with ARUnchained.

You should probably do some research on the forums on flashing a custom kernel. There's lots of info out there and I wouldn't recommend wading into those waters until you thoroughly acquaint yourself with the risks and benefits of making such modifications. In brief though you generally flash a kernel with a similar method you use to flashing a custom rom. Like I said be careful though. If you flash the wrong kernel for your device you might end up with a paperweight composed of equal parts plastic glass and aluminum.

With regards to this whole selinux permissive issue: I have been emailing back and forth with the developer of appradio unchained reloaded and he told me he is trying to design a work-around for the selinux permissive requirement. It sounds like it's still in the early stages but we can hope.

Thanks for getting back to me. I did some research as you suggested and I have some update on this. I wanted to share with everyone here who might be trying to do the same thing like me.
I was able to Disable the KNOX and set SE to permissive. I used Omega v11 Custom for this. Omega v11 does the both requirements we are looking for. It Disables KNOX and set SE to Permissive. But first I flashed a recovery using "Philz Touch". Then from the recovery i installed the Omega Zip file. Everything went smoothly and i was ready to connect my phone to the appradio 3.

First I download the ARUnchained Reloded App from google play. Then connected my phone to the Samsung Adapter which is also connected to the Pioneer CD-AH200 cables going back of my AppRadio 3 (DA210) HDMI port. When you connect your phone to the adapter 2(two) apps will become visible. APPs and Pandora button. When I run the app ARUnchained it takes me to the home screen where you will find START, STOP and HOME button. Before i pressed the START on ARU, i went to my HU( Head Unit) and clicked on the APP option. It showed me a Message telling me to make sure i am connected to the Bluetooth and I have appradio App installed by Pioneer. I clicked on Ignore since my HU was connected to the bluetooth already. I didnt install Appradio App since i don't need that. Then it showed me an warning sign telling me not to watch video while driving and put my car on Park. So I have a bypass installed which allows me not to do all those crazy stuff. After switching the bypass on another message screen comes off and i simply clicked on OK.

Now i was mirroring my phone on the HU. I went to ARUnchained app and clicked on Start and nothing happens. Top left side of the phone on notification panel shows letter "R" with "x" sign on top of it. I believe it means HU couldn't connect to the ARU. Also its showing "Listening for Connection" on the screen. I tried moving the screen on HU but it gives me that hand with X sign.

Question is What am i doing wrong? And why is it not working? I went to ARU diagnostics and almost all the options are checked except "Installed as system app" and "Can switch mock locations". Do you think these two options has to be checked as well? If you have ARU, what does it show for you under setting > Diagnostics ? Please let me know.

I made a video on youtube showing whatever i just mentioned here. That might help you to understand better what is happening with my configuration.

Please help me out here and i promise if i can make this work, i will do a step by step HOW TO youtube video on this matter and i am pretty sure we all want to see solve this issue as well.

Video : Since i cannot share video here, look for a video with title "AppRadio ARUnchained Issue" by RockOnRay.

Top Liked Posts