CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy S3 ATT Sometimes charges, sometimes doesnt.

OP ibroza

11th June 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi,

My S3 doesnt charge properly. Sometimes its charges, sometimes it doesnt. Its really annoying... It'll be plugged in charging then it doesnt. But once it doesnt work, it doesnt work after a while. Then itll work again after I try to plug it in. I had my phone jtagged recently and my phone didnt do that before until after I got it. The guy said he didnt do anything he just put everything stock. My phone is indeed stock, 4.3.

This is really annoying though..

Help?
11th June 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibroza

Hi,

My S3 doesnt charge properly. Sometimes its charges, sometimes it doesnt. Its really annoying... It'll be plugged in charging then it doesnt. But once it doesnt work, it doesnt work after a while. Then itll work again after I try to plug it in. I had my phone jtagged recently and my phone didnt do that before until after I got it. The guy said he didnt do anything he just put everything stock. My phone is indeed stock, 4.3.

This is really annoying though..

Help?

Sounds like a charging port issue. The guy who did the JTag job may not have intended it but it isn't unlikely the connectors to the charging port came loose in the process or something wasn't properly connected. I'd take it to a local tech shop and stay with them whilst they work on it.
11th June 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

Sounds like a charging port issue. The guy who did the JTag job may not have intended it but it isn't unlikely the connectors to the charging port came loose in the process or something wasn't properly connected. I'd take it to a local tech shop and stay with them whilst they work on it.

Yeah I asked him but he said no he didnt. The port seems fine. I opened the phone numerous times and looked at it
11th June 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #4  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 866

3,023 posts
More
Have you tried different wall chargers and USB cables?
11th June 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Have you tried different wall chargers and USB cables?

Yeah
11th June 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #6  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 866

3,023 posts
More
Weird. Not sure why jtagging would affect the charging but I suppose it could. Is it possible the port was damaged during the jtag process?
11th June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Weird. Not sure why jtagging would affect the charging but I suppose it could. Is it possible the port was damaged during the jtag process?

I asked the guy, but he said no he didnt. He basically just put everything back to stock including the bootloader.
12th June 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #8  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibroza

I asked the guy, but he said no he didnt. He basically just put everything back to stock including the bootloader.

I'm always wary about coincidences. In fact, I don't believe in them. To do a JTag, they would have had to open up the device and solder equipment to it to force firmware installation to the MB. Probably accidental but very likely something happened to your charging port in the process. What you have described sounds very much like an hardware rather than firmware issue and, unless you have the resources and tech know-how for a D-I-Y fix, you may need to take it to a Tech.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread