Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to disable "data saver" mode on Maxx in 4.4?

OP reyxlp

5th June 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

90 posts
Does anyone know how to disable "data saver" mode in 4.4?

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!
7th June 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 23

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyxlp

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!

I don't think the Maxx has a built in data saver mode. Is something appearing in your notifications window? Also, for the email attachments, are you referring to the email client or gmail?
7th June 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt05

I don't think the Maxx has a built in data saver mode. Is something appearing in your notifications window? Also, for the email attachments, are you referring to the email client or gmail?

No, I can't stand GMail. I'm using the stock Android mail app.

It mentions a "data saver mode" in various situations.

For example, if I try to email a large attachment, it tells me it will remain in the outbox until Wi-Fi is available because of "data saver mode."

Another example, whenever someone sends me an email with an attachment, I always have to open the email and then manually download the attachment.

I have unlimited data and am rarely on WiFi so I'm looking to turn off this "data saver mode" so everything will download automatically so when I open an email the attachment will already be there.

Or when I need to email with a large attachment the "data saver mode" won't make it wait in the outbox until I can get get to Wi-Fi.

And anyone willing to help me figure this out, please don't tell me to switch to GMail or use K-9, etc. I really hope to figure this out using the stock client by disabling "data saver mode."

Any hhelp appreciated - thanks!
7th June 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 23

121 posts
More
Quote:

No, I can't stand GMail. I'm using the stock Android mail app.

It mentions a "data saver mode" in various situations.

For example, if I try to email a large attachment, it tells me it will remain in the outbox until Wi-Fi is available because of "data saver mode."

Another example, whenever someone sends me an email with an attachment, I always have to open the email and then manually download the attachment.

I have unlimited data and am rarely on WiFi so I'm looking to turn off this "data saver mode" so everything will download automatically so when I open an email the attachment will already be there.

Or when I need to email with a large attachment the "data saver mode" won't make it wait in the outbox until I can get get to Wi-Fi.

And anyone willing to help me figure this out, please don't tell me to switch to GMail or use K-9, etc. I really hope to figure this out using the stock client by disabling "data saver mode."

Any hhelp appreciated - thanks!

Ah, now I understand where you are coming from. There is a whole Data Usage section that manages that under Settings > Account Name (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-07-11-40-24.png
Views:	193
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	2785752  
7th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt05

Ah, now I understand where you are coming from. There is a whole Data Usage section that manages that under Settings > Account Name (see attached)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I know that screen.

I have download size set to max and auto download enabled but still have the issues I mentioned at the start of the thread.
10th June 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

119 posts
Maybe here?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:

See attached screenshot for the nonsense I'm referring to
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-11-18-11-46.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	2793273  
12th June 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,340 posts
Quote:

See attached screenshot for the nonsense I'm referring to

Switch to another mail client, like K9 Mail, maybe?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread