Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro XE700T1C Dual boot Windows 8-8.1 and Android

OP richdean77

6th March 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
First time post so wasn't allowed to post where I would have liked http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2401002

I actually installed the Android on Intel Architecture onto my Samsung xe700t a few times over the last few months, adjusting windows 8 or android options to suit my needs, but a few days ago I decided to format my laptop and reinstall Windows 8 and reinstall Android as I have previously, I am now getting this error message at the very end of the android installation process:

fatal: assertion failed bootable/iago/plugins/gummiboot.c:gummiboot_execute:154 'efibootmgr encountered an error (status 100)
root@android:/#

I have googled this and I can't find a solution

I have updated the bios, I have made sure my laptop is in UEFI format, I have made secure the BIOS isn't in secure boot, I have tried various USB sticks, I have also made sure the USB stick is first in the boot order.

So have no idea why I can't install Intel Android onto my pc anymore

Can anyone help me with this issue?
6th March 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,620 posts
Nope because you just posted into a windows 8 general section.
6th March 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

Nope because you just posted into a windows 8 general section.

Well that is helpful? Where would you like me to post it then?

I will delete the post and move it to where you suggest
6th March 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 874

2,134 posts
@OP

Actually, you are supposed to post your question(s) here, because dev forums normally aren't intended for tech support--hence the no-newbie-posting restriction. The thread you referred to isn't a dev thread per se--there is no developer here for said software--and it's kind of a free-for-all for adopters. Because all the Win8 forums here are basically dead, on-topic rules aren't enforced as they would be on a forum with heavy traffic.

In any case, take time to read before asking questions. In the thread referenced, people have ran into the same error, and some have figured out it's a boot order issue (post #64).
7th March 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
I am very aware of people having the same issue and that it can be caused by a boot order issue, but none of the solutions posted have worked for me, I am giving up on it, I have decided to go with dual booting Android X86 as it seems to be more compatible with more Android Apps, the Intel version is very limited what apps will work on it.
7th March 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 874

2,134 posts
>the Intel version is very limited what apps will work on it

They're all limited, with basically zero support. A quick Google search would show that interest (per the attendant volume of discussion) in Win/And dual-boot is limited to a very small number of enthusiasts. Then, peer help is minimal, and self-help is your main recourse.

Do realize that questions like "why doesn't XYZ work on my PC" is an exercise in futility, if only because of the infinite permutations of Windows boxes. If you can't find the solution via a search, then no one can help you, even if they were willing--and most aren't. When it comes to geek things like dual-boot, there is no patience for handholding. No offense.

Win/And dual-boot may yet get official vendor support, if rumors of dual-boot boxes are realized. Certainly, Intel is pushing for such, since the Atom is in the unique position of supporting both platforms. But business politics are aligned against it, and more importantly, end-user demand is non-existent.
7th March 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdean77

I have decided to go with dual booting Android X86 as it seems to be more compatible with more Android Apps, the Intel version is very limited what apps will work on it.

Not a clue what you are on about there, they both suffer from the same app pool issue.
7th March 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
1421 89694659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

Not a clue what you are on about there, they both suffer from the same app pool issue.

Wow you are certainly making me feel welcome on this board SixSixSevenSeven?

The Intel version of Android is 4.2 (Jellybean) while Android X86 is 4.4 (Kit Kat)

So far I have been able to run all Google apps on 4.4 without any issues which I couldn't do on the Intel version.

I am now happily playing Injustice: Gods Among Us on Andorid X86 which I also couldn't do on the Intel version.

I have only had Android X86 2 days and I haven't found an app I can't run on it yet so I am really happy with it, would recommend it to anyone looking to run Android on their PC.
12th June 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #9  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 23

279 posts
More
Very cool! i had tried androidIA on my xe700T1C and as fast and slick as it was i could barely run any of my apps, also had wifi issues. Bluestacks, as neat as the concept is, is dog slow and now it nags you to install apps to keep using it.

my setup is a bit unique as i have Win8.1/Ubuntu installed now, wiped AndroidIA since it was pretty useless, so we'll see how i can make it a tri-boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdean77

Wow you are certainly making me feel welcome on this board SixSixSevenSeven?

The Intel version of Android is 4.2 (Jellybean) while Android X86 is 4.4 (Kit Kat)

So far I have been able to run all Google apps on 4.4 without any issues which I couldn't do on the Intel version.

I am now happily playing Injustice: Gods Among Us on Andorid X86 which I also couldn't do on the Intel version.

I have only had Android X86 2 days and I haven't found an app I can't run on it yet so I am really happy with it, would recommend it to anyone looking to run Android on their PC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread