Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No wifi after downgrade to MK3

Tip us?

Laemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No wifi after downgrade to MK3

Hello, I downgraded to MK3 to root my device and succeeded. However, I no longer have any networking that works. The guide here says to put in this cmd code to fix it, but doesnt tell you where to do it. I tried with my device connected on CMD but it won't work at all. He gives no instructions on how to do it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545

Could someone please help me with this?

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laemon View Post
Hello, I downgraded to MK3 to root my device and succeeded. However, I no longer have any networking that works. The guide here says to put in this cmd code to fix it, but doesnt tell you where to do it. I tried with my device connected on CMD but it won't work at all. He gives no instructions on how to do it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545

There are 3 methods posted there? Didnt you try at least method 2?

Ensure that "adb devices" in CMD detects your phone being connected.
Code:
Select Code
adb push bypasslkm /data/local/tmp
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 bypasslkm
./bypasslkm

Laemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas View Post
There are 3 methods posted there? Didnt you try at least method 2?

Ensure that "adb devices" in CMD detects your phone being connected.
Code:
Select Code
adb push bypasslkm /data/local/tmp
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 bypasslkm
./bypasslkm
I used the second method and got it working, didnt realize they were talking about different methods. However, now my sim card isn't working. No networks besides wifi.

sway8966
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laemon View Post

You phone must be previously NB1 and you need to root so you downgrade to MK2, root, and instal safestrap.
Your post appears that you finished steps 1 through 7..
Your bootloader is in NB1 but your modem and kernel is in MK2 so your wifi would not work.
To fix it , either you go back to NB1 or use the bypass exploit.
if you had made a NB1 backup before you odin you can restore that back up. That is for the step 8.
If you want to go back to NB1 use the file in the post #2 and follow the instruction on post #3.
if you want to stay in MK2 you can use adb (android debug bridge) to fix the wifi problem . That is for the step 9.
Search adb on the net and get the adb files. go to command mode with admin, start the adb connect your phone and check your device is listed in the adb.
Then enter the codes that mentioned on the page step by step.
If you had never use the adb before I would go back to NB1.
========================================
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 NC1 baseband: GE 36 with SS
HTC Vivid : CM-11
Motorola Xoom Wifi : CM 11

Laemon
Old
(Last edited by Laemon; 12th June 2014 at 06:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've decided to give up, having too many problems and been at it for 5 hours to 6 hours. Updated back to 4.4.2 and will simply look to root before installing updates on the next device I buy.